One of the oldest non-profit organizations in the Bay Area has an immediate opening for an experienced accountant with excellent interpersonal skills. This position will require a weekly time commitment of between 24 and 40 hours. A qualified candidate
should have a minimum of 7 years of experience and commensurate skills as a professional bookkeeper (not simply maintaining the books of one’s personal business). Complete familiarity with Quickbooks is required. A qualified candidate must have strong computer
skills and ability to learn existing and/or implement new software applications tailored to the industry. The desired candidate must be able to work independently, be organized and enjoy interfacing with numerous individuals, committees and staff.
Daily job duties would include the following.
- Maintenance of the general ledger including - (a) preparation of adjusting journal entries, (b) preparation of monthly or daily bank reconciliations, (c) monthly reconciliation of balance sheet income statement accounts, and preparation of special reports
for numerous committees which the finance office supports, as needed.
- Post cash receipts, make deposits and oversee the separate reporting requirements for checking and savings accounts.
- Processing and posting accounts payable invoices.
- Producing and delivering quarterly and yearly individual donation reports to donors.
- Compiling and providing monthly operational profit and loss statements.
- Interface with treasurer regarding cash flow planning.
- Process payroll and maintain recordkeeping associated with employee benefit plans for 10-15 regular employees and up to 60 employees for special events.
- Work with the chairpersons and committees that rely on the finance office in the administration of regular and special events and fundraising activities.
- Assist and contribute to the maintenance of all accounting procedures and internal controls.
- Complete extensive data entry due to wide range of data involving multiple accounts.
- Familiarity with MS Access highly desirable.
- Purchase supplies as needed or requested, and perform general office duties such as filing and organizing.
- Perform any other job-related duties as requested.
- Minimum education requirement is that the job candidate have an undergraduate degree with an emphasis in accounting or finance