TITLE: Lake Grove Kids Ministry Associate
REPORTS TO: Director of Children’s Ministry
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for oversight to two primary areas: Early Childhood (Preschool) Christian Education and Family Ministries at Lake Grove Presbyterian Church.
Early Childhood Coordinator: Create a healthy and growing organization of early childhood staff, leaders and volunteers who serve kids every week. The successful candidate will be able to give vision to large and small group environments
that engage children with biblical truth and nurturing relationships.
Family Ministries Coordinator: In conjunction with the Lake Grove Kids Team, build a subculture of parents committed to the spiritual formation of their children, and help them understand their role as lead partners in this effort. Resource
parents with tools and information necessary to best build into their child’s faith journey.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Children’s Ministry to lead the vision, mission, and values of Lake Grove Kids and Lake Grove Presbyterian Church
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to inspire the confidence of volunteers and parents
- Ability to manage volunteers by vision-casting, recruiting, leadership development, delegating, inspiring, and training
- Collaborate with the Director of Children’s Ministry to ensure clean and safe environments and effective delivery of curriculum, supplies and resources.
- Oversee childcare coordinators who manage childcare scheduling needs, and who directly respond to childcare requests within the church
- In conjunction with the Director of Children’s Ministries, take the lead role in hiring and managing childcare workers and childcare coordinators.
- Connect with families and create a growing network of relationships with parents and those involved with Lake Grove Kids
- Maintain healthy collaboration with other ministry areas, specifically Youth and Community Life ministries
- Participate in church-wide functions, events and meetings
- Support the Lake Grove Kids Team during Children’s Ministry events
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An ideal candidate will have education in Children’s Ministries, elementary education or a related field
- Experience in ministering to children in a church or non-profit setting
- Knowledge of the family ministries model as it relates to 252 Kids and First Look Orange Curriculum preferred
- Demonstrated success managing and directing teams and programs; ability to inspire and lead both staff and volunteers
PERSONAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with results-focused leadership
- Effective communication and organization skills
- An understanding of Christian theology, including but not limited to the Reformed Tradition
- A heart that is humble, faithful, honest ?
- Frequent communications, verbal and written.
- Ability to move about the office to complete a variety of office tasks
- Repetitive movement of hands and fingers – typing and/or writing
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighting 0 to 25 lbs
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a background check and a pre-employment drug test.