Overview: Calvary Church (SBC) is "One Church with Three Locations". Main Campus in Clearwater with multi-site campuses in East Lake and Seminole. The Director of Communications will provide leadership and oversight in support of Calvary's
strategy, marketing, branding, graphic design, website and social media. The Director of Communications will partner with and provide guidance to all ministry leaders in support of Calvary's mission statement, vision and values.
Position: Director of Communications
Reports to: Lead Pastor of Creative Arts
Personal Requirements: Born again believer, strong Christian character, positive attitude with strong people skills. Demonstrates a high level of integrity. Must be a leader, team builder, well organized with high quality standards and expectations.
Must be self-motivated, able to prioritize with strong time-management skills and ability to work and lead in a multi-task environment.
1. Experience in graphic design, art direction, branding, marketing, project mangement and organization.
2. Experienced and proficient in using Adobe Suite including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator and InDesign.
3. Background in web design, social media, marketing and brand management.
4. Strong writing skills with ability to craft announcements, script writing for video and social media posts.
5. Leadership and management experience with proven ability to execute vision in a mid to large organization.
6. Management/leadership experience in a large and expanding church or business environment preferred.
7. Proven ability to manage people, budgets, long range planning and implementation of projects.
8. Ability and commitment to encourage and maintain a Christ-like working environment.
1. Direct and supervise all church wide communication.
2. Supervise and oversee the creative design and production of all communication deliverables.
3. Provide creative and strategic direction for all ministry departments.
4. Coordinate strategic communication to include website, social media and email marketing.
5. Coordinate and approve production of worship bulletin, visitor information, video and screen announcements.
6. Serve as a key leader of church "creative team" in support of all sermon series, seasonal events and church vision campaigns.
7. Oversee and manage communication staffing and budget.
8. Maintain and review communication policies and procedures to provide high quality and on-time completion of projects.
Education and Experience:
1. 4+ Year Degree in Communications, Graphic Design, Marketing or Business
2. 5+ years experience in professional communications related postion
3. 3+ years experience in leading / managing of a creative team