About the Church:
Koza Baptist Church is Southern Baptist church located in Okinawa, Japan, and is a multi-cultural, English speaking church, ministering to US military personnel and families, as well as local Okinawan, Japanese, and other Asian cultures. Koza is impacting
many lives on a daily basis as we lead people to become followers of Christ, on mission with God. Over the past 9 years Koza has seen tremendous growth, now averaging 750-850 in worship over 3 weekend services, plus 300-400 children and students, making Koza
one the largest churches in Japan. Over the past three years we have seen many life-changing decisions for Christ and have baptized around 400 people. God is using Koza through local ministry on Okinawa, as well as 5 other strategic locations throughout
Asia. Currently, Koza is leading teams throughout the year to India, Taiwan, Cambodia, the Philippines and Mainland Japan.
About the Position:
Koza Baptist Church seeks a Worship Pastor to fill a fully supported, full-time position of ministry. The qualified person will bring a heart of mission and ministry to the church with a strong foundation of faith in Christ. The Worship Pastor will lead
a multi-cultural community of followers to worship God through musical worship, prayer, scripture and creative elements ensuring that all worship experiences are led with excellence through recruiting, training, and development leaders and volunteers.
Formal education is a factor for this position because of Japanese immigration requirements.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in related field is preferred, Seminary or Bible Degree is desired but not mandatory.
- A proven track record of leading worship successfully in a similar church context with at least 3 years of experience.
- Experience leading a band in a contemporary worship environment (Acoustic, Electric, Bass guitars, Keys, drums, percussion, Vocals).
- Solid Vocal Quality
- Proficient in guitar or keyboard
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- A heart for sharing faith and ministering in one the most unreached cultures of the world.
- A desire for diversity and is comfortable with a multi-cultural ministry environment.
- A desire to humbly serve through a collaborative team approach.
- Proven experience recruiting, training, and leading teams of volunteers.
- Competency in audio/visual technology: ProPresenter, Digital Sound and lighting, video recording, graphic design.
- Experience in Creative Stage Design.
Since we are an overseas congregation we will provide a salary, housing and other support. These will be discussed with candidates later in the process.
Please send a cover letter, resume with references, and links to worship leading samples to firstname.lastname@example.org