Trenton Mennonite Church
Music Coordinator – Part Time
Enhances the worship experience of the congregation by providing direction, oversight, and coordination of the musical elements of worship services.
The following is a general list of the
basic duties of the part-time Music Coordinator.
- Plans, organizes, and conducts the music ministry, incorporating a variety of both contemporary and traditional with an emphasis on the contemporary. Develops the plan with assistance from the Pastor, keeping in mind sermon topics and seasonal themes.
- Works with the Pastor and musical accompanists in developing musical worship which enhances the overall impact and experience of the service.
- Leads the congregation in musical worship during the Sunday church services and during special seasonal programs.
- Coordinates additional special music utilizing musicians and vocalists.
- Encourages the development of spiritual, musical, artistic, and technical gifts of others.
- Coordinates the preparation of audio visual material used during the worship service.
- In conjunction with Church Council, develops a music ministry budget proposal, and administers that budget as approved by Council.
Skills & Requirements
In addition to passing a criminal background check as a condition of employment, the Music Coordinator should:
- Possess a strong musical background, with the experience and ability to read music and lead the congregation in worship.
- Possess experience in integrating different styles of music into the worship experience.
- Possess effective communications skills (both orally and written).
- Possess good time management skills by being on time for practices, church services and meetings.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Possess the interpersonal skills needed to relate to various groups of people such as musicians, church leaders and members.
Above all, the Music Coordinator must believe that God has a purpose for him/her in this ministry. He/she must demonstrate a strong faith and commitment to Jesus Christ and be able to share his/her faith with the congregation.
The Music Coordinator is directly accountable to, supervised and guided by the Church Pastor.
Part-time = 6-8 hrs/week, pay range $150-$175/week
For more information, contact Pastor Ron Wenzel at 937-369-4769 or at email@example.com