The primary hands-on role of the Director of Children’s Ministry will be growing and sustaining an active and family-friendly children’s ministry program. The successful candidate will have the responsibility of directing the children’s church and nursery
programs, including supervision of any programs with children ages infant through fifth grade. This is an average of 15-20 hours-per-week position with the understanding that some weeks may require more attention, while other will demand less than ten hours
a week. There is the potential for this position to become full-time.
Accountability: Accountable to the Senior Pastor and, ultimately, the Consistory.
– The primary educator for the children’s church ministry.
– Programming and curriculum development for ages infant through fifth grade.
– Recruit and train volunteers to fill supporting roles in children’s ministry.
– Responsible for planning and implementing Trunk or Treat, Hanging of the Greens, Christmas Crafts, and Easter Egg Hunt.
– Maintain an accurate inventory of equipment and supplies, and purchasing supplies.
– Implement and maintain accountability to an annual budget.
– Advise Sunday school teachers and ensure congruency between Sunday school and Junior Church ministries.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Children’s Ministry. (Experience in special education is preferred).
– Must have/demonstrate a genuine love and maintain good rapport with special needs children.
– Must be sensitive to the needs and pressures of children with special needs and their families.
– Must be able to exercise initiative and judgment as an independent worker.
– Must possess organizational and administrative abilities.
– Must be able to respond to the changing needs of a developing special needs ministry.
– Must be willing to seek help and guidance (as needed) to fulfill the needs of this ministry.
– Must submit to and pass background screening, including criminal and drug testing