Grace Fellowship is a church of 800+ worshipers near Athens, Georgia (home of the University of Georgia). We are a growing, multi-cultural congregation of diverse ages.
We seek a spirit-filled, spirit-led, competent, creative, and dynamic individual to lead our worship and arts ministry to greater levels of excellence.
It is our desire that the person filling this position will prayerfully engage the congregation at a heart level through praise and worship using the most effective methods available including the ever-expanding media/technological pathways.
The ideal candidate will blend well with the vision of Grace Fellowship, the culture of our staff and congregation, and be an organized self-starter who develops leaders and teams.
As a vital staff member reporting directly to the Senior Pastor, this position is a major contributor to the pastoral team in accomplishing the mission and vision of the church. Our leadership team and church will prayerfully do our part in helping you fulfill
the call of God on your life.
Required Personal Attributes
- A Christian who maintains a growing relationship with God through Bible study, prayer, and ministry
- Excellent moral character and integrity
- Exhibits a call as a worship leader
- Continually seeks to improve skills and growth in ministry
- Friendly, welcoming, and outgoing demeanor
- Loves people and has a passion to serve and lead them to Christ
- Self-motivated and proven accountability
- Passes all background checks
- Strong vocal skills
- Play at least one instrument with a high degree of skill
- Read music, understand musical arrangements, theory, and composition, and have ability to coach
- Acceptable knowledge and skill in the use of sound, lighting, video, and other technologies to produce dynamic and effective worship and arts presentations
LEADERSHIP AND ORGANIZATION
- Able to recruit and build teams
- Able to cast vision, plan, develop, and implement strategies
- Understand current worship trends
- Highly developed organizational and administrative skills
- Effective communicator (written, verbal, and interpersonal)
- Teach music and God's word in a relevant way
Job Responsibilities - The Worship Pastor Will:
PARTNER IN MINISTRY
- Develop healthy cross-functional relationships with staff, lay-leadership and members to advance the Vision and Mission of Grace Fellowship
- Be a contributing team staff member serving the church body
- Fully participate in the life of the church
- Provide leadership and support in all areas of worship and music (adult, student, children)
- Plan and develop weekly praise and worship experiences that engage a
multi-generational and multi-racial body of believers
- Plan, develop, coordinate and produce programs for special seasons and events
- Develop Leadership Teams: Vocal, Band, and Technology
- Establish and implement goals for excellence in the Worship and Arts Ministry that support the overall church vision
- Plan and implement a balanced variety of ministry-focused programs, activities, and events for members, attendees and outsiders seeking to learn about the Christian faith
- Build relationships to inspire, recruit, equip and empower adult and student
- Model personal accountability through weekly and/or monthly update meetings with Senior Pastor, leaders and volunteers.
- Accept occasional pastoral duties assigned by the Senior Pastor as need arises
- Perform administrative functions related to the worship and arts ministry,
including development and oversight of the ministry's budget.