Please visit our website: http://manchesterassembly.org/hidden/childrens-pastor to get a description and information on the position.
About First Assembly of God:
First Assembly of God is a church of around 400 on the verge of rapid growth. We are located just outside of the largest city in NH, Manchester. The church was founded in 1941 and is actively working to become more involved in the community around us. Our
vision is to be a place where people can find love, acceptance, and forgiveness to share the life of Christ and serve our community. We believe that we can accomplish this through dynamic kid’s/youth ministries, small groups, missions, and worship. Our Lead
Pastor Garry Hamilton has been here for 20 years and has a passion for missions, the Manchester area, and developing strong families.
About the Position:
First Assembly of God seeks a Children's Pastor whose primary purpose is to provide leadership, vision, and direction that creates a life-giving atmosphere of vibrant and enticing discipleship and evangelism for the children, parents, and the children’s
ministry team of First Assembly of God. They will manage the church-wide direction of Geared Up, the children’s ministry of the church. We are moving from a former volunteer to part time director to a now full-time position. This will give the freedom to
create, but will require someone willing to work hard and have the ability to build systems.
This oversight includes direct responsibility of the development and administration of the ministry for children, birth-5th grade. The successful candidate will equip volunteers and parents to reach and disciple children to be vibrant followers of Christ,
who learn to walk with God, serve the church, and understand their personal mission in life. The next Children’s Pastor will lead Geared Up, but more importantly, will live life with the people of First Assembly of God.
Who we want:
While a bachelor’s degree in Bible is preferable in the selection of a new Children’s Pastor, the successful candidate must be one who has demonstrated several years of development and administrative, vision, and teaching oversight in full-time children’s
ministry at a growing church. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of growing a ministry in a community setting that has interactions with people from multi-generational backgrounds and economic statuses. The candidate will have had experience
working as an effective leader of ministry teams, with the responsibility of providing vision for volunteers, and the ability to develop and monitor a vibrant, creative, and attractive children’s ministry that is equally focused on family-based discipleship
and community outreach.
A bachelor’s degree in a related field is desired.
- Highly Energetic
- Solid theological grounding, specifically in Assemblies of God denominational theology
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills
- Creativity in developing children's ministry curriculum
- Computer competency in Microsoft Office, etc.
- A history of casting vision for a ministry and designing creative and innovative ways to reach children.
- Up-to-date understanding of Children's Ministry within the local church.
- Passionate about the evangelism and discipleship of children and families.
- An exceedingly strong ability to effectively develop, equip, and mobilize the volunteers of the ministry.
- Ability to successfully infuse ministry vision and logistics to larger context of the church.
- Capability to recognize and maximize the potential of the Children’s Ministry.
- Be able to commit to hard work, and thrive in a fast pace environment.
- Possess both teachable and coachable leadership traits.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with both parents and volunteers.
First Assembly of God is located just outside of New Hampshire’s largest city, with a diverse socioeconomic population of 110,000 people. Located in the heart of New England, Manchester offers people a bustling urban city nestled on either side of the breathtakingly
beautiful Merrimack River, which runs through the center of the entire city. Offering a rich history filled with dedicated and connected people, the city offers an unsurpassed quality of life, in close proximity to calming lakes, mountainous regions, and natural
hiking trails, abounding with recreational opportunities. The city is a leading advocate of economy, arts, and culture, dubbed ‘Metropolitan Manchester,’ it is the fastest growing of its kind in New England. Undergoing a rapid economic change in recent years,
CNN rated Manchester 13th place in its 100 best places to live and launch a business in America (CNN, 2009).