Visitation and Pastoral care ministry to members and friends of Christ Church.
Program Staff – Part Time
Approximately 24-30 hours per week
Reports to: Rick Glyman, Pastor of Adult Ministry & Care
Partners With: Rev. Ken Lehman, Rev. Dr. Dave Bianchin, ASK Ministry/The Greenhouse, Sunday Prayer Ministers, Stephen Ministers, Grief Ministry and Diaconal Ministry.
- Make pastoral visits and calls to members and friends of Christ Church in their homes, hospitals, and care facilities. Three days per week—some flexibility desired to help cover during times of vacation and illness.
- Plan and perform funerals and memorial services as requested.
- Engage in Grief Support for families and ongoing follow-up.
- Offer Pastoral Counsel to members and friends of CCOB.
- Be ‘On Call’ to respond to the emergency care calls 12-18 weeks per year.
- Attend all Pastoral Care team meetings.
- Assist during the morning worship services at Christ Church as requested.
- Provide leadership (preaching/liturgist) to Sunday Evening Classic Communion services as requested.
- Assist in coordinating and further developing the Support Group Ministry.
- Other Pastoral Care Department duties as needed.
- Caring and compassionate, able to confront and set limits, responsible, self-initiative, organized.
- Ongoing desire and effort to grow more Christ-like in character.
- Good communication skills – interpersonal and small/large groups. Good written communications skills.
- Ability to discern needs and respond appropriately, sensitively and proactively.
- Listening, appropriate use of Scripture and prayer.
- Able to adjust quickly from high productivity and organization to personalized attention and patience.
- Able to keep confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Kind, caring and sensitive, particularly with individuals experiencing duress.
- Good computer/teaching skills, social media proficiency desired.
- Schedule flexibility desirable.
Education and Experience:
- Ordained minister, Pastoral ministry experience (10+ years minimum)
- Masters of Divinity or equivalent