The Minister of Spiritual Formation will champion the cultivation of a community that is increasingly missional, relational, and incarnational. She/he will work in concert with the Senior Minister to create a culture that encourages and enables the congregation
to grow more fully into the people of God, develop a worldview rooted in Christ, and care for and about humankind. This position will also serve as a member of the Pastoral Team.
- By all possible means, teach the congregation how to be with God (rather than
doing for God).
- Champion ancient and modern spiritual practices, working to creatively implement them at all ministry levels.
- Plan, coordinate, direct, and evaluate the educational and discipleship ministries of JupiterFIRST Church.
- Commensurate with experience, will give input or oversight to Next Generation ministries, including Children and Student Ministries.
- Develop mentoring relationships churchwide.
- Share pastoral responsibilites as needed.
- Preach and teach as needed.
- Potential additional areas of oversight as equipped.
Experience and Background: Bachelor required; Seminary preferred. 3+ years of direct ministry experience in a church context and management experience required. Must be ordained or able/willinig to become ordained. Training as a
Spiritual Director is encouraged.
Expectations: Christ-Follower, Cooperative, Loyal, Honest, Competent, Takes Initiative, Trustworthy.
Status: Full-time, exempt.
Accountability and Communication: This position reports directly to the Senior Minister and will serve as a member of the Pastoral Team.
Application Information: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please email cover letter, resume, sample teaching link, and references to: