The Local/Global Missions Pastor position exists to give leadership that engages the church in God’s heart for the world, providing opportunities both locally and globally to work for justice in Jesus’ name according to Victory’s mission of,
“Proclaiming the life changing power of Jesus Christ and developing fully devoted followers of Him.”
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Direct Reports: Administrative Assistant, part-time (shared)
Status: Full-time regular, Exempt
- Set vision and mobilize engagement towards missions projects with guidance from the Lead Pastor or Executive Pastor.
- Provide point leadership for missions events and projects, such as Serve the Valley.
- Elevate a church-wide culture of radical compassion by increasing or connecting the opportunities to serve in the community.
- Facilitate communications and relationships with the Missionaries and partnering agencies.
- With the help of the Missions Committee, provide administrative support for the overall missions program. Handle phone calls, correspondence, follow-up on upcoming missions events, and provide continuing education for the congregation.
- Champion missions through stories and visuals from missionaries, organizations and short-term trips on the field.
- Work toward growing engagement in short-term missions experiences at Victory. This includes providing 10 - 15 team opportunities yearly; recruiting and enabling new team leaders; assisting team leaders with trip planning, team organization and the application
- Work with Missions Committee to identify missions budget and budget priorities for faith promise goals.
- Promote and raise missions budget through congregation.
- Assists in spiritual counseling, pastoral care and hospital visits; is included in the rotation of being “pastor on call”.
- Performs weddings, funerals and baptisms as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Lead Pastor.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Two or more years of leadership experience in Pastoral ministry.
- Preferred: Experience in managing a budget of $100,000+.
- Undergraduate degree in a Christian Ministry related field of study.
- Current and acceptable Pastor’s License. Ordination preferred.
- A vital personal relationship with Christ and a commitment to continued spiritual growth.
- Spiritual gifts and passion for evangelism and mobilization of adults.
- Commitment to the ideals of teamwork as a member of the church staff.
- Gifted in casting vision, creative thinking, with attention to detail.
- Believes in and upholds the mission, values, and core beliefs of Victory Highway Wesleyan Church and the Wesleyan denomination.
To learn more, visit us at www.victoryhighway.com