The Children’s Ministry Director’s role is to serve Village View Church families and children by creating dynamic, engaging, friendly, and safe environments for our Birth-6th grade children to develop in faith and knowledge of God. As a member of the Village
View Church staff, we are looking for a high-caliber, high- capacity person who above all is a growing and passionate disciple of Jesus, called to make disciples among children.
They will also work alongside the student ministry team to serve the church. Qualified candidates will demonstrate proficiency in administrative and leadership abilities necessary to recruit, train, and develop volunteers and staff for all ministry needs.
Additionally, candidates must show the ability to work alongside the student ministries staff to bring constant improvement to the quality of the staff, volunteers, facilities, and ministry programs of Village View children’s ministry. This individual is expected
to contribute to the team spirit of the staff and congregation through fellowship, encouragement, cooperation, prayer, and other appropriate ways.
- Is growing in his/her walk with Christ through spending quality time in prayer and Scripture
- Is a participating member at Village View Community Church.
- Evidences working knowledge of our mission, core values, and ministry strategy and is effective at aligning individual ministry goals to these directives.
- Tithe to Village View Community Church in an accountable manner.
- Displays Christian leadership by using credibility and capabilities to influence followers to pursue God's direction for their lives.
- Displays accountability to staff and the ministry of the church.
- Will relocate to within 15 miles of Village View.
- Displays working knowledge and discernment of stewardship and demonstrates fiscal responsibility through proper planning and budgeting of ministry programs and initiatives.
- Maintains effective communication to ensure coordination and exchange of information for accomplishing goals.
- Fulfills any and all supervisory roles as directed or outlined in specific job responsibilities.
- Maintains working hours as determined by the needs of ministry/position.
- Attends staff meetings, retreats, and other church functions, as directed.
- Establishes and communicates goals and implements strategies for goal attainment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As the Children’s Ministry Director, candidate will work with volunteers, interns, and staff to:
- Recruit, train, staff, and oversee volunteer ministry teams for all weekend services, weekday evening services, and for any possible future church service times.
- Develop a strategic plan for reaching and discipling children in alignment with the overall church mission, vision, values, and strategies.
- Assist with the recruitment and coordination of child care teams for special events and other church functions that may arise.
- Scheduling “First Steps” class for children who have made a decision for Christ and desire to be baptized.
- Maintaining an up-to-date database (Fellowship One) of children and their families, track, record and follow-up as necessary.
- Scheduling of all volunteers for the midweek and weekend ministry.
- Keeping children’s ministry information current on church calendar, web site and other church publications.
- Possess an understanding of Christian education within the local church.
- Function as both an administrator and “the face” of the ministry to kids and parents
- Oversee development, preparation and execution of curriculum and activities for each service and additionally for weekly childcare and special events, as appropriate, consisting of biblically sound age- appropriate lessons, materials, and application.
- Develop a clear and effective curriculum plan for 2 weekly gatherings (mid-week and weekend)
- Create weekly worship services (currently 1 mid-week and 2 weekend service) that are Biblical, fun and allow kids to encounter Jesus.
- Produce outreach-oriented events that are strategic to the overall vision and mission of the church.
? Oversee satellite campus programs and coordinator responsibilities.
- Meet regularly with campus coordinators for training, mentoring, and guidance regarding ministry details and ongoing improvement of the ministry.
- Work alongside satellite campus teams to ensure uniformity with all Village View children and family ministries with regards to environment, curriculum, leadership, and overall ministry mission and vision.
? Ensure the children’s safety through the implementation of approved clearance processes:
- Includes, but not limited to, conducting thorough interviews and background checks for all potential volunteers, as well as Child Abuse Prevention training, and curriculum training.
- Encourage accountability through, but not limited to, regular and ongoing one on one meetings with ministry volunteers (follow-up on meeting attendance, prayer, small group involvement, spiritual/personal growth and development, discipleship, etc)
- Develop, coordinate, facilitate, and maintain support for families such as baby dedication, parenting classes, child baptism, bible studies, family events, family devotional activities, etc.
- Encourage community through development of parent and family meetings (for the purposes of meeting other families, sharing talents and gifts and providing encouragement to one another).
- Maintain an accurate inventory of equipment, supplies and curricular materials, purchasing supplies as needed.
- Responsibly manage the children’s ministry budget(s).
- Ensure maintenance, cleanliness and sanitation of all ministry related facilities and supplies.
- Work with volunteers and coordinators to ensure that everything is prepared and in place for all scheduled ministry times.
- Regularly attend all staff meetings, retreats, and any other staff development and involvement.
- Maintain spiritual, personal, and professional growth through ongoing trainings, reading, conferences, coaching and any other means of intentional leadership development.
- Perform other duties as assigned with demonstrated flexibility in scheduling and job assignment.
- Demonstrable success in Children’s Ministry in a church of over 1000; multi-site experience a bonus
- Burdened to disciple children and families; hungry to see children courageously live out their faith in Christ as their Savior and Lord
- Gifted leadership and communication skills (on and off the platform, verbal and written)
- Highly relational (caring and personable on an individual level)
- Flexible and able to adapt in a changing environment
- Disciplined, innovative, and creative
- Comfortable with managing staff, interns, and volunteers
- Able to develop a team-oriented culture through training, mentoring, and teaching
- Ability to see the “big picture” while managing details.
- Commitment to confidentiality regarding all account records including church, staff, and members
- Exercise a balanced approach to ministry leadership that is both results-oriented and relationship- focused.
- Open communicator, unafraid to suggest new ideas, able to receive criticism and do something with it.
- Proficiency in computer skills, technical equipment, and software necessary to run kids' ministry and use social media
- Preferred Four-year Degree from an accredited College or University or equivalent experience.
The Children’s Director should be someone who regularly seeks the Lord and follows His leading. S/he is to be friendly and able to communicate clearly, responsibly, and effectively to parents, staff, and volunteers. S/he must be able to complete tasks with
minimal or no supervision. This includes being able to make wise decisions and choices in chaotic or unpredicted situations with clarity of mind, and a good and humble attitude. The Children’s Ministry Director should be dependable, trustworthy, capable, and
punctual. Strong organizational, administrative, and leadership skills are required. Background check, child abuse prevention, and training required.
- To find out more about Village View Community Church – Summerfield FL. Please refer to the Church web site at www.villageviewchurch.com to learn more.
- To apply, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your resume.
- A video of a recent sermon to kids.
- Audio or video of a training with volunteers.