Summary: This individual will participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of a Christian, Biblically based and developmentally appropriate early childhood curriculum and practice. The Director will oversee day-to-day operations
and maintain responsibility for the administration, teacher development, school safety as well as ministry to the staff and families. He/She will also serve as a Fellowship Community Church (FCC) staff member and maintain a positive working relationship.
Essential Duties: Essential job duties for this position include the following items. Other duties must be performed as assigned or required.
- Maintain a personal relationship with God
- Be able to teach and communicate the beliefs and mission of Fellowship Community Church as well as the Gospel of Jesus Christ to both employees and children/students
- Pray with coworkers, children or students who request prayer and be able to lead prayer sessions when requested
- Assure compliance with applicable state and county codes and regulations for Stepping Stones Preschool and Norwalk Christian Academy (SSP/NCA)
- Handle all financial aspects such as planning and executing the budget, and others as required
- Establish admission, attendance and fees policies
- Develop and/or assign the staff work schedule
- Oversee all preschool, childcare, and elementary operations such as field trip/special event planning, registration and children enrollment/health records and all departmental functions to assure that the mission of Fellowship Community Church to disciple
the next generation is furthered.
- Plan, prepare and implement the SSP annual calendar
- Handle all human resource functions such as maintaining and updating parent and staff handbooks, perform performance evaluations, handle all new hires and terminations, etc.
- Conduct regularly scheduled staff meetings and all necessary in-services and teacher trainings
- Supervise teachers in following curriculum and carrying out daily responsibilities, including the overseeing of all faith based teachings
- Serve on the Norwalk Universal Preschool SIAC Board and attend monthly meetings
- Monitor safety of all students, staff and facilities and report any concerns
- Develop all parent information and documents in a manner that would further the mission of Fellowship Community Church
- Fulfill all administrative duties to FCC as directed
- Work toward continuous quality improvement
- Stay current with changing technology, including software programs
- Uphold, support, and promote all church policies and procedures, including Fellowship Community Church’s Doctrinal Statement of Faith
Supervisory Responsibilities: The Director of Stepping Stones Preschool has supervisory responsibility for the all departments, including approximately 36 direct reports subordinate supervisors.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the individual in this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills and ability required.
- A member of Fellowship Community Church
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5-7 years previous experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Driver’s License- Required
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Standing – Approximately less than 1/3 of on-the-job time.
- Walking – Approximately less than 1/3 of on-the-job time.
- Sitting – Approximately greater than 2/3 of on-the-job time.
- Use of hands to finger, handle or feel – Approximately greater than 2/3 of on-the-job time.
- Reaching with hands and arms – Approximately greater than 2/3 of on-the-job time.
- Climbing or balancing – Approximately less than 1/3 of on-the-job time.
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling – Approximately less than 1/3 of on-the-job time.
- Talking or hearing – Approximately greater than 2/3 of on-the-job time.
- Travel- Approximately less than 1/3 of on-the-job time.
- Weight lifted/Force exerted – An average of approximately 45 pounds, less than 1/3 of on-the-job time, non-continuously
- Vision – Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right, while eyes are fixed on a given point) and
Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
Environmental – There is little to no exposure to hazardous environmental conditions.
Noise – Moderate- Loud noise (typical childcare center noise)