** Interested applicants should apply online at compassionchristian.com/jobs. Additional information can be obtained by contacting our HR department. **
Worship/Connections Pastor – Statesboro Campus
Statesboro Campus Team
Reports To: Campus Pastor – Statesboro Campus
Category of Employment: Full-Time, 50 hours per week
Payroll Status: Salaried
Office Hours: Average of 50 hours per week, with the exception of heavy ministry seasons
Supervisory Responsibility: Production Associate – Statesboro Campus
The mission of Compassion Christian Church is to lead people to a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ.
To further the mission of the Church by effectively assisting with the development of the worship ministry, with a particular focus on Compassion Christian Church through leading relevant worship music, assisting in the planning and development of service
and participating in the team building and leading processes.
- Experience: Minimum of three (3) years leading current, relevant worship music. The preferred candidate will have experience in live event production with proficiency in concert sound, lighting, computers, and video.
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Consideration will be given to candidates having experience and demonstrated proficiency in field.
- Knowledge, skills, and gifts: Must be able to effectively schedule and lead rehearsals, organize and lead service planning sessions as directed, and share in the leading of weekend worship in various venues, as assigned. The candidate
should demonstrate excellent vocal skills, as well as proficiency in leading worship while playing a musical instrument. Candidate should also exhibit excellent skills in the areas of concert/theatre lighting and live sound engineering. Candidate must have
a basic knowledge of Renewed Vision’s ProPresenter and ProVideoPlayer, as well as an ability to mix and program sound on an Avid Venue SC48 digital sound console.
Candidate must be tried and proven in ministry and have a passion to share Jesus. Candidate must demonstrate a Christ-like attitude in words and actions, and have the ability to work with a wide variety of people. An exhibition of excellent interpersonal
relational skills while maintaining and protecting confidentiality is required. Candidate must possess effective written and verbal skills. Candidate must be a motivated and successful recruiter and manager of volunteers. Candidate must exhibit excellent
computer knowledge, experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint.
- Physical Demands:
- Lifting, pulling, bending, carrying, and pushing as needed to set up activities and events.
- Operation of church vehicles.
- Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Engages in a regular and ongoing (meeting at least monthly) accountability relationship with a staff partner or other approved person.
- Recognizes that our work is important and deserves our very best.
Conditions of Employment
- Models the Biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
- Supports and adheres to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Philosophy of Ministry of CCC, including the CCC Statement of Faith.
- Supports and adheres to the CCC Policies and Procedures Handbook.
- Pastoral Staff must be active, participating members of Compassion Christian Church or be willing to become a member at the beginning of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essentials)
- General staff responsibilities:
- Lead, cast vision, oversee, and direct all facets of the Worship Ministry of the Statesboro Campus, including technical needs for rehearsals and weekend services
- Lead, cast vision, oversee, and direct all facets of the Student Ministry worship at Statesboro Campus.
- Assist in establishing ministry goals and objectives, and individual tactics that support the mission and vision of CCC.
- Provide visionary leadership and organizational structure for the Worship Ministry, Production Arts Ministry and Student Ministry of the Statesboro Campus.
- Recruit, train, schedule, equip and supervise volunteers for the Worship Ministry, Technical Arts Ministry and Student Ministry.
- Propose and administer annual budgets.
- Participation in monthly “All-Staff Meetings”, as well as called departmental meetings, and other required staff events.
2. Specific ministry duties and responsibilities:
- Lead corporate worship primarily at Statesboro Campus, but at other CCC venues as assigned.
- Program sound console, lighting console, and video system for weekly services, as well as recruit/oversee volunteers implementing elements during services.
- Write and/or arrange musical selections for the worship team as assigned or needed.
- Evaluate and assist in gathering resources to be used by the worship and production teams.
- Lead weekly rehearsals, planning of worship elements, and in the musical and spiritual development of worship and production team members.
- Responsible for recruitment, equipping, programming and oversight of Student Ministry worship.
- Oversee the development and equipping of the Connections/Hospitality Team at the Statesboro Campus, fostering a welcoming culture for the weekend experience.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the adult volunteer connection process.
3. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility that will be required of an employee in this position. Therefore, additional duties may be assigned.
Performance and Evaluation
Success in the position will be measured according to the performance assessment tool approved by the Executive Pastor. Performance will be evaluated in relevant areas, including but not limited to: completion of ministry goals and individual tactics, communication,
teamwork, leadership, creativity, responsibility, self-motivation, attitude, and potential for growth.