**Interested applicants should apply online at compassionchristian.com/jobs. For further information, please contact our HR department. **
High School Pastor
Student Ministries – Effingham Campus
Effingham Campus Team
Reports To: Campus Pastor – Effingham Campus
Category of Employment: Pastor, Full-time
Payroll Status: Salaried, Exempt
Office Hours: Average of 50 hours per week, with the exception of heavy ministry season.
Supervisory Responsibility: Ministry Assistant to Student Ministries – Effingham Campus
The mission of Compassion Christian Church is to lead people to a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ.
To further the mission of the Church by overseeing and developing programs, ministry strategies, and service opportunities for a dynamic High School program for Student Ministries - Effingham Campus.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years leading and/or serving in Student Ministries.
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university. A degree from an accredited bible college with a major in youth ministry, biblical studies, or a related field is preferred. Consideration will be given
to candidates having experience and demonstrated proficiency in field.
- Knowledge, skills, and gifts: The preferred candidate would possess the gifts and skills of teaching, leading, and discipling. Candidate must exhibit excellent computer knowledge, experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
including Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint. Candidate must exhibit excellent leadership, organizational and interpersonal relational skills. Candidate must be tried and proven in ministry and have a passion to share Jesus. Candidate must demonstrate
a Christ-like attitude in words and actions, being able to work with a wide variety of people. Candidate must be able to problem solve, maintain and protect confidentiality, and have excellent written and verbal skills. Must be a motivated and effective
recruiter and manager of volunteers.
- Physical Demands:
- Activities with youth, including sports and games of a physical nature.
- Lifting, pulling, bending, carrying, and pushing as needed to set up activities and events.
- Operation of church vehicles.
- Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Engages in a regular and ongoing (meeting at least monthly) accountability relationship with a staff partner or other approved person.
- Recognizes that our work is important and deserves our very best.
Conditions of Employment
- Models the Biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
- Supports and adheres to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Philosophy of Ministry of CCC, including the CCC Statement of Faith.
- Supports and adheres to the CCC Policies and Procedures Handbook.
- Pastoral Staff must be active, participating members of Compassion Christian Church or be willing to become a member at the beginning of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essentials)
- General staff responsibilities:
- Engage in pastoral responsibilities, as assigned, to include teaching, preaching, performing weddings and funerals, pastoral counseling, assisting in worship services, communion, baptisms, child dedications and hospital visits.
- Lead, teach, preach, cast vision, oversee, and direct all facets of high school student ministry.
- Assist in establishing ministry goals and objectives, and individual tactics that support the mission and vision of the Church and Effingham Student Ministry
- Provide visionary leadership and organizational structure for the High School Student Ministry – Effingham Campus.
- Recruit, train, schedule, equip and supervise volunteers for the ministry.
- Propose and administer annual budgets for high school ministry
- Participation in weekly “Pastor’s Lunch” and monthly “All-Staff Meetings”, as well as called departmental meetings, and other required staff events.
2. Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Recruit, lead, evaluate, shepherd and oversee the volunteer leaders within the ministry areas of administration, small group coordination, volunteer coordination, large group coordination and technical support.
- Maintain a relationship with the Student Pastors at all regional campuses for collaboration and encouragement.
- Create and oversee all aspects of special events.
- Promote/publicize ministry activities and events.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment within high school and student ministries at Effingham Campus.
- Create, build, and set up staging, props, videos and other elements in support of preaching and worship for high school ministry
3. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility that will be required of an employee in this position. Therefore, additional duties may be assigned.
Performance and Evaluation
Success in the position will be measured according to the performance assessment tool approved by the Executive Pastor. Performance will be evaluated in relevant areas, including but not limited to: completion of ministry goals and individual tactics, communication,
teamwork, leadership, creativity, responsibility, self motivation, attitude, and potential for growth.