Interested applicants should aply online at compassionchristian.com/jobs. Additional information may be obtained by contacting the HR department.
Worship Pastor – Downtown Campus
Downtown Campus Team//Regional Campuses
Reports To: Campus Pastor – Downtown Campus
Category of Employment: Pastor, Full-Time
Payroll Status: Salaried, Exempt
Office Hours: Average of 50 hours per week, with the exception of heavy ministry seasons.
Supervisory Responsibility: Downtown Campus Program Ministry Assistant
The mission of Compassion Christian Church is to lead people to a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ.
To further the mission of the Church by effectively assisting with the development of the worship ministry of the Church, with a particular focus on the worship life of Downtown Campus through leading relevant worship music, assisting in the planning and
development of service and participating in the team building and leading processes.
- 1. Experience: Minimum of three (3) years leading instrumental music.
- 2. Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. A degree from an accredited bible college with a major in biblical studies or a related field is preferred. Consideration will
be given to candidates having experience and demonstrated proficiency in field.
- Knowledge, skills, and gifts: Must be able to effectively schedule and lead rehearsals, organize and lead service planning sessions as directed, and share in the leading of weekend worship in various venues, as assigned. The candidate
should demonstrate excellent vocal skills, as well as proficiency in leading worship while playing a musical instrument. Candidate must be tried and proven in ministry and have a passion to share Jesus. Candidate must demonstrate a Christ-like attitude in
words and actions, and have the ability to work with a wide variety of people. Exhibit excellent interpersonal relational skills while maintaining and protecting confidentiality. Candidate must possess effective written and verbal skills. Must be a motivated
and successful recruiter and manager of volunteers. Candidate must exhibit excellent computer knowledge, experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint.
- Physical Demands:
- Lifting, pulling, bending, carrying, and pushing as needed to set up activities and events.
- Operation of church vehicles.
- Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Engages in a regular and ongoing (meeting at least monthly) accountability relationship with a staff partner or other approved person.
- Recognizes that our work is important and deserves our very best.
Conditions of Employment
- Models the Biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
- Supports and adheres to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Philosophy of Ministry of CCC, including the CCC Statement of Faith.
- Supports and adheres to the CCC Policies and Procedures Handbook.
- Pastoral Staff must be active, participating members of Compassion Christian Church or be willing to become a member at the beginning of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essentials)
- General staff responsibilities:
- Engage in pastoral responsibilities, as assigned, to include teaching, preaching, performing weddings and funerals, pastoral counseling, assisting in worship services, communion, baptisms, child dedications and hospital visits.
- Lead, cast vision, oversee, and direct all facets of the Downtown Campus worship ministry.
- Assist in establishing ministry goals and objectives, and individual tactics that support the mission and vision of the Church.
- Provide visionary leadership and organizational structure for the Downtown Campus worship ministry.
- Recruit, train, schedule, equip and supervise volunteers for the ministry.
- Train, schedule, equip and evaluate staff of the Downtown Campus worship ministry.
- Propose and administer annual budgets.
- Participation in weekly “Pastor’s Lunch” and monthly “All-Staff Meetings”, as well as called departmental meetings, and other required staff events.
Specific ministry duties and responsibilities:
- Leads/plans Downtown Campus and Adoration worship services.
- Assist in evaluating and gathering all resources to be used in worship.
- Lead and direct the Downtown Campus worship team.
- Lead technical team for events.
- Oversees promoting/publicizing of ministry activities and events.
- Assist with the weekly rehearsals, planning of Worship elements, and in the musical and spiritual development of the music team.
- Create, program, and produce excellent weekly worship experiences.
- Support sermon and sermon series as needed.
- Support teams with quality environments for all weekend preparations.
- Lead and develop Programming Team.
- Connect regularly with Communications team and other CCC campus Programming teams.
- Lead and Pastor Weekend Worship, Production, and Program Teams.
- Relationally engage, train, and coach Weekend Team leaders. (Worship, Production, Communion / Offering, Prayer Team, Video Production Team, Security).
- Grow and sustain existing teams.
- Lead and pastor young musicians and worship leaders.
- Our Downtown Campus Savannah Theatre point person.
- Communicate Lucas Scheduling with team.
- Work with Savannah Production Staff to create seamless integration with our equipment and people.
- Oversee any issues related to Downtown Campus occupying the space.
- Handle all Monthly and/or Special Occasion Billing.
- Maintain all Downtown Campus Weekend Technical Equipment.
- Create and maintain a system of inventory.
- Oversee purchases of and/or repairs to any and all Downtown Campus technical Equipment related to weekend programming.
- Champion all Year End Offering Purchases (Capital Expenditures).
- Create and maintain a system of feedback management and reporting for weekend services.
- Oversee Downtown Campus weekend programming budget.
- Continue to develop and maintain an online media presence.
- Lead and Pastor website team.
- Oversee use of Downtown Campus social media.
- Develop our media teams for weekend services.
- Champion new ways to provide our weekend services to the masses.
- 8. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility that will be required of an employee in this position. Therefore, additional duties may be assigned.
Performance and Evaluation
Success in the position will be measured according to the performance assessment tool approved by the Executive Pastor. Performance will be evaluated in relevant areas, including but not limited to: completion of ministry goals and individual tactics, communication,
teamwork, leadership, creativity, responsibility, self motivation, attitude, and potential for growth.