NOTE: ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES MUST APPLY ONLINE at www.ForestHome.org for consideration! Emailed resumes will not be reviewed without a Forest Home application.
To provide leadership to Forest Home’s Junior High Ministries (Summer Camp) through leading programs, caring for partners, and mentoring staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and directs Forest Home's Junior High program camps to run at maximum capacity (JH Winter Camp & Creekside summer program).
- Plans, directs and teaches programs as needed. Serves as secondary speaker at Creekside summer camp.
- Works closely with Marketing, Reservations and Program teams to develop and implement strategies for strengthening attendance, retention, and church partnerships.
- Develops and maintains communication and growing relationships with Partners.
- Provides leadership (recruiting, hiring, training, supervision and evaluation) to Junior High ministry staff.
- Teaches the Bible including, but not limited to: large group speaking, Bible Studies, seminar teaching, and curriculum design.
- Plans and adheres to annual Junior High departmental budget.
- Evaluates the results of the overall ministry and operations of the Junior High program on a regular, systematic basis and reports these results to supervisor.
- Accounts for the overall physical and emotional safety and security procedures for Junior High program staff, campers and counselors, visitors and facilities.
- Actively supports and participates in staff spiritual life activities.
- Performs other tasks/duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- College degree required.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Youth Pastor preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in developing curriculum and programs for Junior High ministry.
- Demonstrated understanding of trends in youth ministry.
- Demonstrated understanding of theological perspectives and trends within the Christian community
- Proficiency in large-group communication (including Biblical teaching).
- Experience in planning programs, administrating, budgeting, scheduling, hiring and training.
- Supervisory experience and demonstrated leadership ability.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Uphold and support the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Forest Home.
- Assume responsibility for initiating a pleasant atmosphere by displaying a professional attitude through performance, appearance, and demeanor.
- Actively supports and participates in the staff spiritual life activities.
- Regular, timely attendance.
- Signed statement of faith.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Able to develop and effectively build relationships.
- Able to accomplish assigned projects utilizing excellent communication (written and verbal), project management, time management and collaboration skills.
- Able to live on grounds during camps and conferences.
- Able to work some weekends.
- A self-starter.
- Able to handle confidential matters with excellence.
- Ability to perform high quality work.
- Strong ability to work well in a variety of team environments.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position supervises Residential Junior High ministry staff.