“Open Bible Baptist Church, located in South East Colorado Springs, is praying for and seeking a part-time Youth Minister to serve alongside our team of bi-vocational leaders. We are praying for someone with a passion to connect with youth (6th-12th Grades)
and help them grow in their faith. Responsibilities for this compensated ($500/month) position include oversight of Sunday School, Wednesday night programming, developing additional youth volunteers, and coordination of other youth events. OBBC is a dynamic,
multi-generational, multi-cultural Southern Baptist congregation with a desire to reach and disciple people from all walks of life.
We desire a vibrant leader who will demonstrates a lifestyle of integrity, commitment and dedication to Jesus and our church family. The ideal candidate will be a gifted in youth ministry with at least three years of experience on staff at a church where
he/she was responsible for theplanning and direction of Youth Ministry. He/She should be spiritually growing with a consistent walk with Christ, possess strong people skills and the ability to work as part of a cohesive ministry team. This candidate should
be willing to commit solely to the OBBC family. He/She should also be an internally motivated self-starter who is detail oriented and who can manage multiple projects well.
More information about OBBC can be found at www.openbiblecares.org. If
interested, contact Ivy Bernal at
firstname.lastname@example.org (please attach your resume)
Tues-Thur (719) 475-2001 9am-3pm
Anyday (786) 423-9674 9am-8pm
OBBC- YOUTH MINISTER
I. SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Youth Minister is responsible for developing a vibrant and active ministry to the youth (age 11-18) of Open Bible Baptist Church (OBBC) by leading with skill and integrity. To be the primary visible leader and communicator of all youth Ministry programs
within OBBC , and as they relate to the PPBA, CGBC, SBC. Embracing OBBC’s Mission, Vision, and Values. Modeling the life of Jesus, and being a Mentor for young people. Communicating Biblical truth in a meaningful and relevant way. The Youth Minister is
accountable to the Senior Pastor.
1. Paid /Part-Time
III. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To experience God’s presence through daily prayer and study of God’’s Word.
2. Maintain a vital and growing personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
3. To be an active member of OBBC.
4. To be prepared to lead the Sunday services and to bring the sermon message on those occasions that the Senior Pastor and Associate Pastor's request.
5. Provide Primary leadership, oversight, and communication to the Junior High and High School Groups and their families.
6. Plan quality ministry programs for volunteer personnel to minister effectively within their giftings, equipping them for works of service within our Youth Ministries.
7. Plan Opportunities for youth and volunteer personnel to reach unchurched youth and their families with the Gospel of Jesus.
8. Provide discipleship teaching that is biblically based, displaying a relational model that is designed to guide youth from new believer to an empowered leader within God’s Kingdom.
9. Provide pastoral care and social activities for personnel, youth and their parent(s) within a caring community.
10. Provide corporate celebrations to ensure all have opportunity to experience the presence of God in a Spirit-filled environment.
11. To work as a member of a cohesive pastoral team to minister to the needs of the OBBC congregation.
12. To support the Senior Pastor and other Ministers as they:
a. Lead and feed the OBBC church family.
b. Develop the purpose, vision and goals of the church.
c. Shepherd the OBBC family.
d. Extend the impact of OBBC to the local, regional and international community.
III. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
1. Spiritual Qualifications
. Strong, clear Christian testimony.
· Vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ.
· Thorough knowledge and understanding of Scripture.
· Must meet the qualifications of a servant as outlined in 1 Tim. 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
· Teachable spirit.
· Cheerful giver of time and finances to Kingdom work.
· Strong prayer life.
· Servant leader’s heart.
· Love for God’s people.
· Love for the lost.
2. Professional Qualifications
· Called by God into the Ministry
· Spiritually gifted and passionate communicator of God’s Word.
· Minimum of 2 years experience Leading youth ministry in a church setting.
· Must fully agree with and support OBBC’s Statement of Faith and Doctrinal Statement.
· Must be open to new concepts of ministry.
· Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment with the Senior Pastor and other staff pastors with a “council of peers” structure that stresses mutual accountability.
3. Personal Qualifications
· Highest personal integrity and honesty.
· Godly leadership of family and home.
· Godly lifestyle and of excellent reputation.
· Excellent steward of personal and family finances.
4. Education Qualifications
: High school Diploma
· College degree preferred.
· Seminary degree (desired but not required).