The Pastor of Children's Ministries should be a Christ-centered team player who has a passion and vision for leading and directing ministry to the children of New Hope Church. This person must possess strong interpersonal, organizational, and motivational
skills. They must be equipped with a working knowledge and experience in Children’s Ministries, event planning, program management, and communication. They must also be experienced in transforming big ideas into realistic ministry.
- Work closely with Leadership Team to provide excellence in Children’s Ministries at New Hope Church
- Attend a monthly meeting with the Lead Pastor and the monthly Leadership Team meeting, as well as other meetings as required in order to facilitate the ministry of New Hope Church.
- Attend Weekend Celebration Services as scheduled.
- Facilitate and manage all children’s ministries for children ages infants through 5th grade including Nurseries, Children’s church, VBS, as well as other outreach programs involving children to our community.
- Communicate effectively with the congregation regarding Children’s ministries and opportunities to serve.
- Provide supervision, training, encouragement, and support to Children’s Ministry volunteer teams while continuing to identify and recruiting additional volunteers.
- Coordinate and oversee all children’s ministry for all services and special functions and outreaches.
- Create and effectively manage the children’s ministry budget.
- Maintain all communications for Children’s Ministries including (but not limited to) church bulletin, website, social media, and local publications.
- Create environments, activities and choose programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
Other General Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Should always exhibit professionalism, demonstrated by: a well-groomed appearance, conscientious work ethic,
- Be willing and able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility.
- Should be ever conscious of the need for confidentiality.
- Should exercise discernment and wise judgment.
- Should be a person who gives extreme attention to details with an eye for excellence.
- Should be a self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Endorse and support the Lead Pastor, Leadership Team, and the program and ministries of New Hope Church.
- Maintain personal spiritual development through Bible reading, prayer, and Christian community. Demonstrate and maintain consistent Christian Character and morality as defined by the scriptures.
- The Pastor of Children’s Ministries reports to Lead Pastor and is directly supervised by the Executive Pastor.