The Worship Pastor will point people towards Jesus through the medium of art and music by overseeing the vision, planning, execution and overall quality of the worship gatherings along with and under the leadership of the Executive Director of Creative Arts.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading, developing, and facilitating engaging and meaningful Christ-centered worship experiences throughout the 3 campuses of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship. The Worship Leader / Pastor must have proven experience
building teams as well as pastoring and developing volunteers. They must be able to serve in a dynamic, multi-generational, and increasingly multi-ethnic congregational setting that represents the mission, vision, and interests of Cornerstone and its philosophy
They should lead by example, and cultivate a positive spirit throughout the church family. They should represent Christ and His church well in the community at large. They should be a team player and follow the biblical model of sacrifice by being willing
to put the needs of others in front of their own. In all of their actions, they should be positive and supportive of the Core Values and the Vision of our church.
As with any position at Cornerstone, each employee is part of a team, which means we all pull together during crisis times, special events, and when visible projects need done. Duties for this job could change at anytime.
- Assist in Worship Development & Culture
- Assist in development of other worship leaders
- Lead worship on the weekends at the Chandler campus, rotating to other sites as needed.
Staff and Volunteer Development
- Recruit, develop, schedule and lead volunteers.
- Assist in weekly service programming.
- Creatively work in conjunction with the Music / Worship Director to create custom song arrangements and original songs.
Role Model in Personal Life:
- Model the qualifications of an elder (1 Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Model biblical community in his relationships (Matt 5:23-24, Matt 18:15-17, Eph 4:25-32).
- Model biblical family life before the body (Eph 5:22-6:4).
- Model biblical integrity in all things (1 Tim 6:11-12).
- Must have 5 years experience in ministry, in a church larger than 2000 members.
- Proficient understanding of scripture
- Be musically proficient (have an understanding of basic music theory) and be able to lead vocally.
- Have the ability to coach and lead a band.
- Have the ability to create new arrangements of songs.
- Have the desire and ability to create original music.
- Be proficient in Planning Center and Pro Presenter.
- Be knowledgeable in Ableton.
- Have the ability to read lead sheets.
Important skills/personal traits
- Have the ability to communicate, lead and engage with the congregation from a stage setting.
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently, while also being able to function cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship.
Worship videos MUST be submitted along with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.