Church / Campus Description:
Sun Valley Community Church began as a church plant in 1990 in Chandler, Arizona. Over the years Sun Valley has grown into a large multi-site church in the Phoenix area. Currently there are five campuses located in Casa Grande, East Mesa, Gilbert, Queen
Creek, and Tempe. Together nearly, 8,000 people attend a Sun Valley Campus each weekend.
The Student Ministry Pastor serves on the Campus Lead Team and influences the direction of the Campus and implementation of the Sun Valley vision in the local campus context. Specifically they provide leadership to the Student Ministry Team, ministry to
Junior High and High School students and their families.
The Preferred Candidate:
Demonstrate a track record of spiritual maturity consistent with the biblical requirements for Pastoral leadership.
Experienced in the “Orange Strategy.”
Experience working in a large multisite church setting.
A successful track record of building a healthy and growing student ministry.
Strengths in the following areas: people development and team building, project management,
implementation, communication and strong relational abilities. Candidates should have a proven track
record of demonstrating these strengths in past and/or current ministry settings.
Self-motivated, not needing micromanagement yet loves to live life with a team.
Earned degrees and other credentials that have equipped them for the duties of the role.
Align with the mission, vision, values, team leadership distinctives, and doctrinal statement of Sun Valley Community Church.
- o Serve on the Campus Lead Team influencing the direction and implementation of vision in the campus context.
- o Provide oversight to the Campus Student Ministry budgeting, staffing, and ministry initiatives.
Central Service Team:
- Relate to and coordinate with the Family Ministry Team in regards to content, ministry practice consistency, communication and coaching.
- Build intentional ministry strategies and environments to help students meet, know and follow Jesus.
- Equip and empower SVStudent Staff and volunteers to lead the Student Ministries through creating a culture of recruitment, development, training and reproduction. Lead with and through a team.
- Build a “relational sticky” ministry where students relationally connect with other students and volunteers. Where students feel safe, are known and relationally pursued in a healthy manner.
- Expand the reach of SVStudents through local schools and community activities. • Parents:
- Partner with parents through providing resources, training, and intentional experiences, to equip parents to be the spiritual leaders of their families.