Media Arts & Technical Production Coordinator
The position of Media Arts & Technical Production Coordinator is not merely technical position, but a ministerial position that carries out the mission of Grace Community Church to help people know and follow Jesus. The position requires the employee to
perform ministerial functions which are an integral part of his or her employment. These ministerial functions include, but are not limited to, leading and/or participating in staff devotions and/or prayer, sharing the Gospel with visitors or others when called
upon to do so during the work day, and the written or verbal communication of biblical teachings. In order to perform these ministerial functions, the employee must adhere to the church’s Statement of Faith, general beliefs, while also being cooperative,
quick, careful and kind in supporting and resourcing the needs of Grace Community Church.
1. MEDIA ARTS MINISTRIES
- Provide oversight to Media Arts volunteer engineers and train them to manage and produce events.
- Manage all Media Arts ministries needs including scheduled times and rehearsals for all services, special events, holidays, midweek meetings, classes, and more at the direction of the Worship Pastor.
- Maintain all media-related property belonging to Grace Community Church and the Media Arts ministries.
- Oversee all Media Arts related needs and make improvements where necessary.
- Prepare all staging and design needs for scheduled times and rehearsals for all services, special events, holidays, midweek meetings, classes, and more at the direction of the Worship Pastor.
2. TECHNOLOGY MINISTRIES
- Fully support all technology needs in the life of Grace Community Church. This includes oversight of computer systems, phone systems, printers, and other areas of technology as directed by the Worship Pastor.
- Provide oversight for Grace Community Church’s social media, website, and in-house digital signage.
- Train all staff members how to best manage their own work computers, but be available as the first point of contact for IT needs. Determine the level of need and corrective action.
- Manage contract with our IT Solutions company for outsourced needs.
- Supply assistance to members of the GCC family when needed and in relation to links on the website, finding our live-stream, using the church app, volunteer helpers using the remote connection, and other needs as directed by the Worship Pastor.
3. VOLUNTEER RECRUITMENT AND SHEPHERDING
- Recruit, train, and schedule volunteers to serve in the Media Arts and Techology ministries.
- Provide care for the men and women who serve while resourcing and supporting them in their ministry.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of GCC and the Music & Arts Ministries.
- Develop vision and plan for future growth and improvement for the Media Arts and Technology ministries.
- Manage work e-mail, planningcenteronline.com, and all required administrative connections as needed daily.
- Oversee CCLI, CVLI, and any other required copyright licenses and compliance with the provisions of each license.
- Prepare and annually submit to the Worship Pastor a budget for Media Arts and Technology ministries. Monitor expenditures throughout the year in each area of budgeted line item.
- Attend weekly meetings with the Worship Pastor and monthly all-staff meetings.
5. Education AND Experience
- Formal training in production or related discipline. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 – 5 years’ hands-on experience with technology in modern worship production environment.
- Experience in a technological leadership role serving weekly attendance of 1000+ preferred.
- Possess expert knowledge of media in the form of worship with experience in audio systems, large-format digital consoles, live and streaming video, IMAG, keyed computer graphics (lower thirds), and ProPresenter software.
- Possess detailed knowledge of projectors, displays, video transmission, lighting in the context of worship with knowledge of theatrical, intelligent, LED and lighting for video along with DMX programming.
- Possess a high level of technical experience, ability to learn and master new technology quickly and thoroughly, and a strong ability to trouble shoot technological, audio, video, and lighting needs.
- Possess a teachable and gracious spirit, collaborate well in a team environment, ability to motivate and lead teams using strong interpersonal skill, and a desire for excellence in service.
- Possess very strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills, excellent attention to details, and a flexible, “whatever it takes” attitude in the midst of quick change.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Must be comfortable moving around and on ladders, lifts, cat-walks, stages, and other structures as instructed by the Worship Pastor or leadership.
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Consistent with the provisions of GCC’s Employee Handbook, and as authorized by the Ministry Council, this position is an at-will, full-time, exempt position. The responsibilities of this position are expected to be carried out
in the context of a 40-hour work week including evenings and every Sunday.
DIRECT REPORT: This position reports directly to the Worship Pastor.