Chestnut Ridge Church is located in the educational, commercial, medical and cultural hub of north-central West Virginia. Located just over an hour south of Pittsburgh and four hours west of the Baltimore-Washington, D.C. area, Morgantown, West
Virginia, offers its residents access to rivers, mountains, lakes, hiking trails, bike paths, golf courses, and to some of the best schools, hospitals, and job opportunities in the nation.
Home of the Division I, Big 12 West Virginia University Mountaineers, Morgantown’s way of life is more than that of a idyllic college town; it’s a place with a strong economy, a flourishing culture and a quality way of life. The likes of Forbes Magazine, the
Milken Institute, Parenting Magazine, Expansion Management Magazine, and The Wall Street Journal, have recognized Morgantown as one of the best small cities in which to live, work and raise a family!
Progressive and growing mega-church is seeking a full-time Student Ministry Programming Director. You will join with a dynamic staff team in a grace-filled environment taking cues from North Point Ministries, Willow Creek Community Church,
and "Simple Church".
Qualified candidate will have strong relational, leadership, team building, systems development, discernment, and organizational skills. Experience with Orange Philosophy and familiarity with North Point Ministries' strategy and approach is highly valued.
Who we're looking for
- You Think Orange
- You love to throw a party
- You connect well with teenagers and adults
- You are a dreamer
- You bring energy to everything you do
- You Love investing in leaders and empowering them to do minisitry
- You like working on a team
- Did we mention you're an Orange thinker?
The role of the Student Ministry Programming Director will be to work with the Student Ministry Female Groups & Logistics Director to shape the Vision & Direction of Student Ministry (6th-12th grade), coordinate programming for student ministry
and to lead male groups. Together you will create engaging environments where students feel like they belong so that they can grow in their relationship with God and others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
• Responsible for Weekly Programming for Middle School and High School
• Responsible for Programming for all student ministry events
• Develop Teaching Team for Student Ministry
• Develops creative content/direction for middle school and high school
• Recruit and develop Programming Teams (worship, hosts, teachers, tech)
Responsible for ensuring every CRC student is connected to a caring leader and a consistent group of peers, and every leader is equipped to lead small.
• Monitor health and direction of groups
• Oversee male small groups
• Recruit, Assign, and direct new and veteran coaches
• Meet regularly with Coaches/SGL’s for training and equipping
• Works with coaches for the purpose of training and equipping SGL’s
• Monitor leader attendance at leader meetings and weekly environments
• Monitor orientation of new leaders
• Coordinates size and structure of groups/group multiplication
• Assigns new students to appropriate small group
• Responsible for the transition of rising 6th through 11th grade students
• Assist in the transition of students to college
• Coordinating, planning and carrying out regularly SGL leader meetings
• Work within larger family ministry team
• Depending on giftedness, ability to join CRC Teaching Team
Serve on the overall CRC staff team which includes:
Act as an ambassador for CRC by positively reflecting the vision, mission, strategy and values to those inside and outside our walls.
Be able to assess and advise attendees and volunteers as to how and where they can take their next steps towards God and within the ministry.
**To ensure your resume is processed properly you must apply at this link:
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Exempt/ Salaried
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran