Director of Next Gen and Student Ministries at Foundations Church
Do you feel called to lead and build into kids and families in a new, dynamic and growing church? Do you want to work with a great team bringing the extraordinary life of Jesus Christ to a lost and broken world? Foundations Church is looking for a Director
of Next Gen and Student Ministries who is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of children ages birth through college. This includes curriculum, volunteer recruitment and development, classroom management, and operational
management necessary to ensure successful and constantly improving weekend children’s services, summer programs and periodic special events.
The position requires executing a ministry game plan in a large context with over 100 weekly volunteers and 400 kids in average attendance with multiple services. The applicant should have a good understanding of current trends in Next Gen & Student ministry
and experience for a large church setting, be able to lead team paid staff including the possibility of overseeing staff at additional church campuses in the future.
Why Foundations Church?
- Biblically-based, sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with grace and truth
- Healthy staff team and growing modern church with a weekend attendance of 2500+
- Church has a vision to reach kids and families offering resources, a new building expansion for kids with indoor playground, and staffing.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Strategically located in the middle of a thriving and fast growing region
- A congregation of diverse generations and backgrounds
The Director of Next Gen and Student Ministries
must be an enthusiastic Christ-centered team player that is capable of leading and directing the Next Gen Department in a large and growing, fast paced church in Northern Colorado. This person must possess strong interpersonal, organizational, and motivational
skills. They should be a self-starter, emotionally intelligent, and humble. They must have a proven track record of successful leadership of a large Next Gen department. They must be equipped with a working knowledge of event planning, program management,
and communication. They must be efficient in transforming big ideas into a realistic ministry.
Description of duties
- Lead and manage the ministry areas and the staff members within the Next Gen department (birth through College)
- Build, maintain and lead teams
- Attend and provide input at regular meetings for Staff and Elder Leadership Team.
- Create opportunities for reaching children, youth and young adults in the community with the Gospel, within the established culture of Foundations Church
- Maintain all communications for Next Gen Ministries including but not limited to church newsletter, church program, website, social media, and local publications.
- Coordinate with other Foundations ministries and staff as needed.
- Attend Core Class meetings and provide written and oral explanation of Next Gen Ministries.
- Prepare necessary reports as needed regarding state of the Next Gen Ministries.
- Evaluates and observes Next Gen staff members as part of ongoing growth training.
- Executes regular spiritual development for Next Gen staff; helping to create a growing team.
- Provide leadership to Foundations Rock Stars (Special Needs Ministry)
- Oversee and develop additional programing outside of the weekends that will connect families and the Northern Colorado community
- Partner with parents of children and students
- Cast vision and implement summer programming for kids and families. Examples could include events such as Vacation Bible School, Sports Camps, Music Camps, Mission Trips, etc.…
Training and resources
- Attend workshops, conferences, or formal education to increase knowledge and awareness as it pertains to Next Gen Ministries.
- Attend workshops, conferences or other continuing education in order build highly effective volunteers.
Qualifications, skills, and gifts
- A personal vibrant and growing commitment to Jesus
- Models Christ-like servant leadership
- Must be caring, yet discerning
- Concise and effective communication skills
- Diplomatic, productive, and positive people skills
- Commitment to identifying, encouraging, and developing volunteers in ministry
- Ability to motivate and empower people (staff and volunteers)
- Ability to handle conflict constructively and graciously
- Sensitivity for meeting the needs of the congregation
- Demonstrates a heart in building community and reaching the lost
- Has a heart for children/students
- Authentically recognizes both direct staff reports and volunteers for positive results
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org