Definition & Summary of Position:
The Communications Director will lead and provide oversight for church-wide marketing and communications. This will require a firm grasp of beliefs, values and strategy of Brooklife Church and the ability to align staff and key leadership teams with its
mission, vision and values. The communications director will lead all components of communications and marketing to add inspiration, motivation and clarity to church messages.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
-Church Promotion and Publicity:
- Graphic design for sermon series, ministry events, etc.
- Website management and development
- Social media – daily activity on multiple platforms
- Weekly church wide email
- Internal/External marketing/communications strategy
- Various video projects such as baptism testimonies, worship introduction, sermon aids, interviews, etc.
- Capture photos of church life for use in communications/marketing
- Develop and oversee annual communications budget
- Create and manage content for digital signage/display
- Develop a team of volunteers who are skilled and able to assist in above duties and responsibilities
-Necessary Knowledge and Skills:
Must have skills necessary to:
- Sit at the table with leadership and act as an advocate for creative and clear communications. Connect with ministries on a personal face-to-face and regular basis to understand their ministries needs and wants.
- Must be extremely comfortable working with computers and primary tools for communication – Adobe’s Creative Suite being essential.
- Adapt written text to match the medium through which it is being communicated. Communicate clearly and effectively using the written word.
- Lead volunteers to help implement communications strategy and tactics.
- Collect and tell stories of life change
- Cary out day-to-day tasks of facilitating communications/marketing
- Be proficient in writing/editing, graphic design, communication, strategy and multi-tasking
We are looking for a team player who likes to have fun while working. Formal education is not a predetermining factor for the selection of Communications Director. However, it is likely that they will hold a Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Communications,
Design or related field from an accredited college or university. Proven experience in team-building, creative thinking, systems management and problem solving is required. Exceptional technical skills in written and oral communication, graphic design, web
and multimedia. Experience managing website content and social media content.
- Lives with integrity derived from Biblical values and demonstrates standards of conduct that meet or exceed company and/or legal requirements
- Results-oriented, self-motivated and committed
- Extremely talented and flexible