Under the leadership of the Lead Teaching Pastor and the Director of Music and Worship, the Director of Instrumental Music will manage and direct all areas of the music ministry that pertain to but not limited to the orchestra and instrumental ensembles.
The primary responsibility will be to prepare the orchestra for all upcoming services and events. The secondary responsibility will be to assist in planning worship that matches our philosophy of worship and occasionally lead worship services.
* Select Orchestra music for Orchestra presentations
* Conduct Orchestra Wednesday rehearsals to include service and concert music
* Conduct Orchestra presentations in services (preludes/offertories)
* Conduct Orchestra seasonal rehearsals
* Conduct other rehearsals or presentations as assigned by Lead Teaching Pastor or Director of M&W
* Frequent communication with Director of M&W and Music Administrative Assistant for music assignments needed for rehearsals
* Work with the Director of M&W in planning and executing Sunday services and lead corporate worship services as assigned
* Balance the overall tone and sound of the orchestra by scheduling musicians based on need and not space
* Give input on special music and orchestra songs
* Spiritually lead and guide the members of the music and worship ministry
* Provide musical guidance for individual musicians
* Provide input to budget needs and upkeep of instruments and equipment
* Serve on the worship council
* Participate in weekly music staff and worship planning meetings
* Enthusiastically accept other music and ministry-related duties that may be required
* Support the goals, vision and direction of the Music and Worship Pastor and the Elders of Immanuel Bible Church
* Maintain functional knowledge of the music library system
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND QUALIFICATIONS
* A committed Christian who is deepening their personal relationship with Jesus Christ
* Be a member of Immanuel Bible Church
* A BA degree in Music (preferably in instrumental music and/or conducting)
* Formal theological or Bible training and an agreement with IBC’s ‘statement of faith’ along with the ability to defend the tenets of our faith
* Abilities to lead congregational worship, lead and rehearse both a choir and orchestra
* Knowledge of music theory, conducting, instrument workings/abilities, and rehearsal techniques
* Demonstrated vocal skills
* Effective interpersonal skills to establish not only collaborative working relationships, but also a community of disciples and spiritual growth
* A teachable spirit with a simultaneous ability to be a leader with minimal direction
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Comfortable leading worship via a band.
* At least 3 years of conducting experience and 3 years of ministry experience.
* An ability to develop, organize, mentor, and discern the abilities of instrumentalists.
* Basic knowledge of the following programs: FINALE, Pro-Present5, Planning Center Online.
* Basic keyboard/piano proficiency