Campus Pastor/Director, Wyoming Campus
Responsible to: Lead Pastor
Working Relationships: Wyoming Campus staff
Scope of Position: The Campus Pastor/Director serves as the primary leader at the Wyoming Campus of Kentwood Community Church (KCC). In that role, they champion the vision of the church while creating the systems and structure to handle
the growth of the mission of KCC.
Time Commitment: Full Time
Weekend Services (20%)
- Prepare and execute the campus and service elements, in conjunction with the worship leader, to accomplish the weekend worship experience at a high level of excellence.
- Develop leaders who will build teams for key ministry areas such as first impressions, children’s and student ministries as well as other ministries/events/programs as they arise.
- Develop a cohesive team of staff and volunteers through coaching, encouragement and pursuing clear strategic goals for the Wyoming campus.
- Utilize existing leadership development systems within KCC to recruit and train leaders
- Participates in the annual ministry planning process and stewards the Wyoming Campus budget with excellence.
- Lead the charge for evangelistic activity in the Wyoming community by embodying a personal passion for reaching spiritually lost people.
- Regularly pursue relationships with other stakeholders in the Wyoming community to better understand community needs and strategically identify the needs that KCC can meet.
- Cast vision and provide leadership for Campus specific Community Engagement strategies that fall under the broader Community Engagement umbrella in the life of KCC.
Other Duties (15%)
- Perform general pastoral responsibilities alongside the other pastoral staff, which include: weddings (credentialed pastor only), funerals, baptisms (credentialed pastor only), hospital visitation, and pastoral counseling.
- Attend and participates in weekly staff chapels, monthly staff meetings, and Wyoming Campus staff gatherings.
- Maintain email, calendar, and Ministry Action Plan as required.
Basic Personal Responsibilities
- Confesses to be a born again Christian and seek the will of God in his/her life.
- Maintains a vital and growing walk with the Lord through committed personal Bible study, prayer and stewardship of the resources given to them by God.
- Demonstrates a servant’s heart as a member of the KCC team.
- Submits willingly to and understand the importance of an accountability relationship.
- Models the KCC mission, vision and core values.
- Maintains proper priorities and balances in his/her life.
- Commits to personal evangelism opportunities within and outside of the church.
- Becomes an active member of KCC within 6 months of employment.
- Dynamic team builder who exhibits servant leadership.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, nonverbal, and written.
- Organized, pays attention to detail, shows initiative and effective follow through.
- Able to prioritize and focus on key objectives and multitask.
- Interacts effectively with a variety of work styles.
- Able to process, maintain and protect confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Has program and project management skills and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Ministry Leadership or related field.
- Previous work experience as either a lead/senior pastor or as a campus pastor in a multi-site church.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is ideal.
NOTE: This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit Kentwood Community Church from assigning other work as needed.
Application Requirements: Resume and cover letter.