Lebanon Baptist Church is currently in search of a full time youth pastor. If you are interested in applying, please read the following description and send your resume to
This full-time position will have primary responsibilities in youth ministry including both middle and high school. In general, the expectation is to spend 70% in youth ministry, with the understanding that there will be secondary ministry oversight of
30% given to another area of pastoral ministry. This position is directly accountable to the lead pastor and deacons.
Youth Ministry (70%):
Plan, direct, conduct, evaluate, and administer a comprehensive youth ministry relevant to today’s youth taking into consideration the spiritual, physical, recreational, social, and psychological development of youth. Direct the teaching programs of the
youth department to include but not limited to Sunday morning life groups, Sunday night small groups, Wednesday night youth group, summer retreats and missions trips, etc….
- Have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ, and have taken the step of believer’s baptism
- Meet the biblical qualifications for pastor as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
- Maintain a posture of growth in ministry: physical, spiritual, mental, and social
- A love for youth and a desire to see them grow in their relationship with Christ
- One who is ordained or desiring to be ordained and who expresses a call into vocational pastoral ministry
- An ability to work within the vision and expectations of the pastoral staff at Lebanon Baptist Church
- Be in agreement with the doctrinal statement of Lebanon Baptist Church
- Have an accredited degree in ministry or in the process of obtaining an accredited degree in ministry
- An ability to manage the financial and budgetary needs of the youth ministry
- An ability to be a team player and work with the current youth leadership team
Give oversight to maintaining and developing the mission of Lebanon Baptist Church’s youth ministry. This includes:
- Relating the youth to the overall life of the church and the church to the needs of its youth. Lead youth to recognize the call of God in their life relations to life-direction and purpose. Strive to enlist the youth in worship, Bible study, prayer, evangelism,
- Conduct weekly youth services and other ministry activities.
- Serve as the primary speaker for the Wednesday night youth group meeting.
- Foster, promote, and actively participate in youth programs that provide spiritual growth and fellowship such as mission opportunities, camps, retreats, community service, and small groups.
- Provide counsel for students and/or their parents on issues relating to salvation, their overall spiritual life, college choice, vocation selection, life-mate, social and family relationships, be available to listen to and love our youth.
- Serve with local para-church organizations to deepen our partnership and create new contacts with students in the community. These organizations include but are not limited to: Campus Life, Young Life, and FCA.
- Connect with students outside of the regular weekly programs through meeting for lunch/coffee, attending an extracurricular activity, etc…
- Oversee and lead the Youth Leadership Team by conducting meetings to outline events for the upcoming months that will serve to accomplish the mission.
- Recruit and enlist new volunteers to the youth ministry and follow the guidelines outlined for this in the Lebanon Baptist Church “Volunteer Staff Application Pack.”
- Oversee, manage, and maintain accurate records of the youth ministry budget.
- Provide parental support and encouragement through regular communications (emails, newsletters, etc.) and periodic equipping opportunities (“How to…” seminars, etc.)
Other Pastoral Ministry (30%):
This part of the job will be dependent upon the personality traits, gifts of the one applying, and the needs of the lead pastor as it relates to the overall ministry of the church.
***PLEASE SEND ALL RESUMES TO LbcYouthPastorApp@gmail.com
You can also visit our website to learn more at www.lbcministries.com