View the post on our website: https://www.adabible.org/jobs/student-ministries-program-director-2/
Apply: http://www.adabible.org/ada-employment-app (Do NOT apply through the churchstaffing.com website. Only applications submitted through this link will be accepted).
Ada Bible Church is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic individual to join your student ministry Lifeline as a full-time Student Ministries Program Director. This pastoral position is charged with developing, caring for, and multiplying
student ministry volunteers and students through the focus of teaching and programming.
What you will do:
- Teach Lifeline curriculum with excellence
- Collaborate in the creation of Lifeline curriculum and programming
- Develop Lifeline volunteers by recruiting, training, and encouraging them
- Participate in planning for Lifeline events, retreats, service projects, camps and mission trips
- Support and encourage parents by equipping them with resources for parenting their students
- Mentor and spiritually counsel students when necessary.
Who We're Looking For
- Lifeline is seeking someone who can create a fun, high-energy, and engaging environment for students. You may be a good candidate for this position if you like to have fun but you strike the perfect balance between relating to the world of students and
being an adult. You enjoy playing games, joking around, and having a good laugh and you know how to do these things in a way that resonates with students and points them towards Christ.
- You should have experience in leading and developing a healthy student small group. Lifeline would not be Lifeline without the deep and integral relationships that students build with their small group leaders and with each other. Much of your time in this
position will be focused on investing in small group leaders so knowing how to select, build, and develop these volunteers is essential for this position.
- You should be able to teach Biblical truth in a way that is meaningful and understandable to students. A regular responsibility of a Student Ministries Program Director is to teach Biblical truth with excellence, both on-stage in a large group setting and
off-stage in a small group environment. You should be articulate and comfortable speaking in front of groups of all sizes.
- Many Lifeline activities take place outside of the typical 9-5 workday. You should be available to work when events are scheduled including weekends, some evenings, and occasional holidays.
- Staff members at Ada Bible Church should be committed Christians living lives of obedience to Christ. Our pastoral staff should embody the character qualities set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1: 6-9.
- Lastly, we’re looking for someone with a minimum of 3 years of work experience in student ministry. Candidates applying for this job should hold a Bachelor’s degree, and those with seminary pursuit or equivalent Biblical training are preferred.
To learn more about Lifeline, visit adabible.org/students and lifelineparents.org.
Ready to apply?
If this all sounds good to you and you would like to join us, we want to learn more about you.
To apply, click here: http://www.adabible.org/ada-employment-app Fill out our employment application in full, including your cover letter and resume.
Your application must include a sample teaching video. You may include a link to your video in the cover letter of your resume.
We will review applications after the posting expires on August 18, 2017.
About Ada Bible Church
Ada Bible Church is a thriving and growing multi-site church serving greater Grand Rapids, Michigan. Each weekend, more than 8,000 people worship with us at our four campus locations throughout the community. To learn more about us or to view a weekend service,
visit our website at: www.adabible.org.
About Grand Rapids
There’s no question about it, Grand Rapids is an amazing place to live, work, raise a family, and enjoy a night out on the town. Our city has a buzz and momentum like very few places in the country. Here are just a few of the countless awards & recognition
Grand Rapids has won over the past few years:
- #1 US Place to Raise a Family (Forbes)
- #1 US Fastest Growing Economy (Headlight Data, 2016)
- #1 Best River Town (Outside Magazine)
- #1 in LEED Certified Buildings (2010)
- Top 5 Best City to Find Jobs (Forbes)
- Top 10 Happiest Cities to Work In (Forbes)
- Top 10 US Travel Destination (Lonely Planet)
- Top 10 College Town (Matador)
- Top 20 Greenest US Cities
Grand Rapids has all of the benefits of a major US City combined with the hominess of a small town. There is literally something here for everyone. At only 30 minutes away from spectacular Lake Michigan, there’s almost never a reason to leave West Michigan.
We at Ada Bible Church are just thrilled with the opportunity we have to live in and serve this community.