Saint David’s Evangelical Congregational Church is searching for an energetic Youth Ministries Director who has a passion for sharing the Gospel and cultivating committed youth for Christ.
The Youth Ministries Director will be primarily responsible for organizing and managing Youth Group program activities which involve children ages 3 through 18. Our Youth Groups meet every other Sunday evening from September through May.
Tasks to be led by the Youth Ministries Director will include:
- Development of an integrated curriculum across age groups;
- Arranging, training, and equipping volunteer teachers and assistants; and
- Planning of special Youth Group activities including service ministries and fellowship events.
In addition to responsibilities involving the Youth Group program, the Youth Ministries Director is expected to:
- Interface with other committees and activities with youth involvement, such as our Sunday School program and annual Vacation Bible School.
- Develop and lead targeted evangelistic and mission outreach activities for youth and families.
- Arrange and facilitate discipleship and fellowship of youth within the church and community.
- Build and maintain relationships with children, youth, and families and to communicate, visit, and provide Biblically-founded guidance and support, as needed.
- Encourage and mentor youth to become more committed to ministry and worship involvement and to leadership roles within the church.
The Youth Ministries Director would report directly to our Pastor, participate as the key staff liaison with the Christian Education Committee, and be expected to attend monthly meetings of the Official Board.
The Youth Ministries Director position is a part-time staff position with an average anticipated commitment of 12-15 hours per week. A Bachelor’s degree or advanced education in Christian-based Child and Family Ministries or similar program, along with applicable
experience, is highly preferred. A demonstrated strong and committed personal faith in Jesus Christ is required.
If interested, email the church at firstname.lastname@example.org in reference to the Youth Ministries Director Position and provide a short cover letter, resume, and reference contacts. For more information on our church, please visit www.stdavidsecc.com .