East Evangelical Free Church
- Demonstrates a deep and growing love for Jesus Christ
- Fosters an atmosphere of unconditional love for students
- Evidence of deep and growing knowledge of God’s Word
- Exhibits humility and a discerning heart for the Holy Spirit
- Personal integrity, meeting the biblical requirements of Elder
- 3 – 5 years experience in professional student ministries in a local church, or para-church organization preferred
- Bachelors Degree
- Displays leadership abilities:
-among volunteer support staff
- Ability to work well with parents and understand parenting differences
- Able to teach, motivate, and apply biblical truth to students lives
- Understands and works within EEFC’s leadership structure
C) Desired Qualifications
- Demonstrates administrative abilities
- Commitment to a sustained pastoral ministry to youth
- Ability to facilitate a youth worship team
Our desire is to glorify God by having a Student Ministry that is focused on developing life-long fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. The core responsibilities of the Youth Pastor include ministry to the Middle School and Senior High youth at the following
Instilling a passion for the lost in our students through prayer, relational evangelism training, retreats, camps and special event opportunities to which they can invite unchurched friends.
Providing weekly “entry level” experience whereby students of churched or unchurched backgrounds may come to a non-threatening environment to experience Christian fellowship, worship and a scripture based Bible study.
Providing special events, retreats, camps and fellowship times whereby students from a number of junior and senior high schools may develop a sense of community, friendship and group identity.
Providing a Sunday morning in-depth teaching time, small group opportunities, special camps/retreats and personal mentoring whereby motivated students may be challenged to walk with Christ at a deeper level of spiritual maturity. The Youth Pastor will model
discipleship by being personally discipled by other pastoral staff, an elder, or others as appropriate.
Providing regular training, service projects and missions trip opportunities whereby students may have hands-on experience in becoming student leaders. A component of this level that we have employed at EEFC is that of having student interns (graduates)
serve in the ministry during the summer months, under the supervision of the Youth Pastor.
- Recruit, train, shepherd and lead interns and volunteer staff.
- Evaluate and recommend curriculum to be used in the middle school and senior high school ministries based on coordination with the elementary curriculum and the mission of EEFC.
- Develop and provide vision for a college ministry
- Maintain an accurate, up-to-date database of junior and senior high school students and staff.
- Keep up to date and maintain Camp and mission trip budgets
- Supervise the inventory of junior and senior high school equipment and supplies.
- Provide pastoral care and counseling as needed.
- Maintain healthy and constructive communications with the parents of all students.
- Provide regular written communications to youth, parents, volunteer staff and the church body concerning the activities of the Youth Ministry.
- Represent Student Ministries as a member of the Ministry Team.
- Be an articulate representative for Student Ministries to the Elder Board, parents and the congregation at large.
- Participate with other youth pastors in the area in seeking to accomplish ministry goals. This activity will focus primarily on the Free Churches in the greater Wichita area but need not be limited to that group.