CROSSINGS COMMUNITY CHURCH
In 1959 a group of people were ready to serve Oklahoma City and love its people just like Jesus did. Nothing has changed. Today, the legacy of Crossings Community Church continues as we are:
Committed to being Christ Centered
Live by faith.
Be a voice of hope.
Be Known by love.
Do you want to join us as we watch God do some incredible things in an incredible city?
CROSSINGS STUDENTS MINISTRY
Bottom line: We want our community of students to have opportunities to become independently dependent on Christ. We want them to be Christ-Centered Kingdom Workers no matter where they go or what they do.
We are looking for a Middle School Pastor that:
- Works with the OKC Middle School Team: 2 Middle School Pastors (Male and Female; FT), Ministry Coordinator (FT) and at least two interns (PT).
- Provides pastoral leadership to all aspects of the church’s ministry to students in 7th and 8th grades, with specific attention to male students.
- Provides collaborative coordination of weekly programming for 135+ 7th-8th grade students.
- Is a competent and engaging communicator, understanding their audience (middle school students, parents).
- Does weekly contact work, meeting with volunteers, students and families (attending games/events, one on one coffee or lunches, dinner at a family’s home...etc.)
- Assists in planning and executing a comprehensive calendar (series, events, spiritual growth opportunities).
- Works with Connections & Guest Services to follow up with First Time Families with 7-8th grade students.
- Participates in leadership for special programs and events as requested or assigned.
- Represents Crossings Community Church in community and ministry-related efforts as requested
- Complete any other tasks as may be needed to fulfill this position or as may be assigned to fulfill the needs, mission and goals of Crossings Community Church and the Crossings Student Ministry.
Skills Required for Position
- RECRUITER Builds and leads a vibrant team of 50+ adult volunteers who mentor students.
- SELFLESS Thrives in a team environment and values collaboration, clarity and unity.
- LEARNER Loves middle school students and seeks to continually understand their phase of life, implementing ministry methods that are relevant to the changing needs of our culture and families.
- SELF STARTER Creative, innovative, and goal-driven.
- MATURE A proven effective leader in Middle School/Junior High Ministry.
- The Crossings Students Pastor/Middle School OKC reports to the Crossings Kids and Students Pastor, OKC Campus.
Education and Experience
- The Middle School Pastor shall possess an undergraduate degree and/or significant ministry training with Middle School/Junior High Ministry experience.
- Assist in maintaining the highest possible ministry standards and professional ethics, in accordance with the goals, Purpose Statement, and Core Values of Crossings Community Church.
- Support the leadership of Crossings Community Church, contributing to the spirit of unity among the staff and congregation.