We are looking for a Pastor to come alongside our parents and teens as well as post teens to help them come to know Christ fully and then be passionate about making HIm known!
Ministry Role Description
Senior High/Young Adults Pastor
Position: Senior High/Young Adults Pastor
Responsible to: Family Pastor
Scope: To give overall leadership to CCC Senior High ministries (9th-12th) and Venue (college age), to lead CCC efforts to help teens know Jesus and make Him known to others. To come alongside
parents and assist them in their roles as parents.
- This person will require mature, biblical, and shepherding leadership as this person will give oversight of High School teens and young adults within our congregation.
- This person will be responsible for the spiritual growth and maturity of the teens and young adults at CCC.
- This person (if married) will have a dynamic God-honoring marriage relationship that is one which is an example to the congregation.
- This person will have either formal education (preferred) or proven experience and personal study necessary to perform all the various aspects of this ministry. It is further desired that this person will have or pursue credentialing within the EFCA.
- An intimate, dynamic, life-changing, growing relationship with God. It is expected that this person will be continually seeking to grow in his knowledge and his relationship with Christ.
- A passion for the Bible: This person will be someone who knows the truth of Scripture well, has a developed understanding of Scripture and a passion to have the Word of God known.
- A passion for the lost: This person will be able to convey the need to be fulfilling the Great Commission as well as the Great Commandment.
- A passion for prayer: This person will set the tone for prayer within Senior High and College Age Ministries.
- A passion for discipleship: This person will have the desire to see us raising up disciples who are making disciples and to aid in creating a culture that embraces this within Senior High and Venue.
- The heart of a shepherd: This person will have a heart that cares about each person entrusted to their ministry in CCC.
- This role calls for a person with a passion for teens and how the church can minister to, through, and with them.
- Leadership: This person will be an example of servant leadership as was our Savior. They will lead volunteers and oversee Senior High and Venue staff.
- Mentorship: This person will mentor individuals and teams to whatever level of growth they are able to attain.
- Networking: This person is expected to be networked in our community, in our county and in our district.
Sr. High/Venue Ministry Responsibilities:
- Visional/Missional planning- discern, develop and oversee an effective Senior High Ministry and Venue.
- Strategic planning-identify, develop and execute the specific action steps needed to accomplish the God-given vision/mission.
- Attracting, engaging, and mobilizing volunteers, both men and women, to help accomplish the mission.
- Develop leaders: both teens and adults. Develop and oversee the plan for training and growth of leaders.
- Continually assess all aspects of Senior High Ministry/Venue to discern where and how to accomplish the mission more effectively.
- Represent the needs and concerns of Senior High/Venue Ministries to the Sr. Staff.
- Effective shepherding relationship/mentoring with Senior High teens and college age adults.
- Parental partnership-engaging parents in understanding their teen’s culture and helping them parent their Senior High teen. Becoming a resource for the parents. Staying in communication with them.
- Networking with EFCA regional ministries and with other local youth ministries.
- Integrating our Senior High teens and college age adults into the life of CCC.
- Effective and mutually beneficial partnerships with other Pastoral Staff at CCC.
- Close working relationship with Junior High director, Children’s Ministry Pastor, Venue and Family Pastor.
- Meeting, training and caring for as well as praying with volunteers
- Understanding of adolescent development.
- Understanding of how spiritual formation develops and is recognized in a Senior High teen.
- An awareness of how dysfunctional home/parenting effects teens and young adults (alcohol, abuse, blended, separated-divorced parents, spiritually unaware families, etc.).
- Understanding of the challenges for parents of Sr. High teens.
- Understand of the preparation needed for teens to transition to adult independence.
- Understanding of the apologetic needs of our teens and young adults.