The Children's Director is a half-time position responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive program of care, outreach, spiritual growth, and discipleship for preschool and elementary grade children and their families.
- Christian faith
- 1-year experience working/volunteering in a church children’s ministry
- Experience running Sunday morning children’s ministry
- Experience recruiting, training, and discipling volunteers
- Experience with the Orange strategy (Northpoint Church)
- Experience with event planning
To apply to this position, please submit a cover letter that addresses each of the minimum and relevant preferred qualifications, along with a resume and three professional references, to email@example.com.
- Support the Church Mission and Values: Accomplish the church's mission and uphold the church's values through program development, vision casting, and leadership training. Work with the Pastoral team to coordinate all Westside Kids programs
and events in connection with the church’s overall mission and vision.
- Care for Families: Assist Pastoral team in providing pastoral care to Westside Kids and their families.
- Maintain Financial Awareness and Stewardship: Be aware of, and effectively manage, the Westside Kids ministry budget. Make budget recommendations.
- Promote Orange Ministry Strategy: Promote synergy between Westside ministries to fully activate the church and families to work together for lasting spiritual growth in the lives of children placed in our care. Attend weekly staff
meetings to advocate for the leaders and children involved with Westside Kids.
- Provide Supervision and Leadership on Sunday Mornings: Oversee excellent execution of Sunday morning children’s ministry that includes an engaging large group format plus relational small group experiences for every child from 0 to 10 years
old. Assure that each classroom has an appropriate child to leader ratio with competent and engaged leaders in place. Visit classrooms for the purpose of evaluation and teacher support in order to address any issues or emergencies that arise. Teach classes
- Create the Sunday Morning Environment: Provide a warm, friendly, and safe learning environment for children and families. Organize, set up, and stock classrooms with necessary supplies. Coordinate sanitation and safety protocols for Westside
Kids. Work with maintenance team for repairs.
- Utilize Curriculum: Utilize the 252 Basics curriculum. Make enhancements where necessary and appropriate.
- Volunteer Recruitment: Develop effective strategies focused on involving youth and adults to invest in the lives of children at Westside Church. Utilize multimedia platforms, coffee talks, and pre-service meetings to connect with and train
leaders who serve in Westside Kids.
- Plan and Staff Children's Ministry Events: Create a calendar of events that support the mission, vision, and values of the church. Train and equip leaders to participate and engage in these events. These may include, but are not limited
to Vacation Bible School, Halloween outreach, Movie Nights, and Jingle Jam.
- Coordinate Childcare: Coordinate childcare for church-wide services and events as requested.