We’re looking for the next piece to our amazing Core team!! Imagine a beautiful 2,300 seat auditorium. Imagine an exciting, contemporary multi-site church with a heart for relevant, multi-ethnic, and impactful ministry to their community. Imagine a competitive
salary and benefits package – and actually looking forward to coming to work!!! Ok. Stop imagining, because this is it! We are in need of a passionate, God loving individual with leadership, experience, and administrative gifts to take this ministry to the
level it deserves! There’s paid staff, and an awesome team in place - we just need the top dog! Is that you???
To clarify further – here’s more details:
Director of Technical Arts
Serving Status: Paid position – Full time
Department Supervisor: Pastor of Worship Arts
Direct Supervisor: Director of Programming Arts
Sound, Lighting, Stage, Video, Camera, Interns, Tech Arts Volunteers,
and Outside Contractors
Tech Arts Associate – Kentwood & Wyoming, USA (full time – 40 hrs.)
Tech Arts Associate – Nagpur, India (part time – 10 hrs.)
Video Arts Team Leader - USA (part time - 29 hrs.)
Weekend Screen Coordinator - USA (part time - 20 hrs.)
Weekend FOH Sound Engineer – USA (part time – 6 hrs.)
Principle Function of Director of Technical Arts
Support KCC’s vision through the vehicle of a creative, contemporary and impactful Tech Arts Ministry.
- Buck stops here. Be responsible for all Tech staff interactions, gear purchases, systems integration, volunteer development, training and personal development within the Technical Arts dept. No blame – Own it.
- Recruiter. Actively recruit and provide opportunities within areas of ministry for qualified or high-potential individuals within the community and church family.
- Team Builder. Replace yourself seamlessly by equipping and empowering staff/volunteers to rise up in authority and responsibility…all under the banner of excellence & integrity.
- Encourager. Create and maintain a culture where people are inspired to serve. Find deep fulfillment and affirmation.
- Provider. Supervise and work with Staff/volunteers to accommodate the sound, lighting, and video needs of the KCC facility throughout the entire week at ALL campuses.
- Video. Supervise Director of Video Arts and oversee all aspects of video development including: capture, editing of content, scripts, inventory management and volunteer involvement for weekend services, special events, LiveStream broadcast
and social media.
- Sound & Lighting. Directly supervise and oversee scheduling for Staff, volunteers and equipment at all campuses.
- Visionary. To best utilize the equipment we have, yet through knowledge, strategic planning, and action – continually propel Tech Arts to stay current and prepare for the next level. Be the lead pursuer and champion of technical advances
and trends to facilitate appropriate planning for the future needs of the church.
- Student. Appropriately pursue education and training to better your knowledge of Leadership and Media related issues. Model spirit of teach-ability and appropriately pursue training and education.
- Innovator. Develop new and innovative structures/vehicles to enhance the Tech Arts ministry (i.e. ministry promos, systems, procedures).
- Steward. Responsibly manage and develop the Technical Arts ministry budget. Submit invoices for payment; collect, track and deposit all Tech Arts revenue; copy and submit expense reimbursements. Make best use of resources by making wise,
strategic new purchase decisions and the selling of old equipment for revenue – or donation to other ministries, plus effectively using facility space allocated.
- Equipment. Supervise all maintenance issues related to media equipment, providing direct service whenever possible to minimize equipment downtime and expense.
- Team Player. Be a contributing and valued member of both the Worship Arts Ministry (WAM) Core team & the KCC Staff team, by attending all meetings and pursuing the betterment of the team over personal desires.
- Confesses to be a born again Christian and seeks the will of God for his/her life.
- Maintains a vital and growing walk with the Lord through committed personal Bible study, prayer and stewardship of the resources given to them by God.
- Seeks out an understanding of the important role that Technical Arts play in the spiritual environment at KCC.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and maintain composure under pressure.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and non-verbal formats, with people of varied ages and temperaments – including volunteers, staff and outside vendors.
- Demonstrates artistic and creative skills in multiple media formats.
- Self-starter needing minimal supervision.
- Models the KCC Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
- Maintains proper priorities and balance in his/her personal life.
- Actively worships with his/her family at KCC and become a KCC member within 6 months of employment.
- Previous work experience as a Technical Director for a multi-campus church (1500+).
- Preferred minimum of 5 years of proven leadership building and managing volunteer teams.
- Up-to-date knowledge and proficient experience with leading-edge technology in the fields of Sound, Lighting, Video and Social Media.
- Proficient in Macintosh and PC based computer systems with working knowledge of professional video editing, presentation programs and recording software (Microsoft Office, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Suite, ProPresenter, Pro Tools, etc.).
Who said ministry couldn’t be incredibly powerful AND wonderfully rewarding at the same time? That is our desire.
If this position interests you please submit your resume to:
Technical Arts Search Team
Kentwood Community Church
1200 60th St.
Kentwood, MI 49508
www.kentwoodcommunitychurch.com (new website under construction)
NOTE: Upon receipt of resume, there may be requests for a demo of video editing, a demo of sound engineering skills, and a list of references. If possible, please send with resume.