Who We Are:
Located in Carlsbad, NM, one of the top 10 fastest growing cities in New Mexico and according to Forbes magazine, we are primed to more than double in size over the next 10 years. We are determined to meet the needs of our growing community. We are a growing,
vibrant church with the vision to "Live the Hope of Jesus in Our World". We accomplish this by: Reaching Beyond Our Walls, Loving Without Restraint, Worshiping With Passion, Equipping for Ministry, and Serving in Sacrifice. We are a multi-generational church,
with two services and worship ranging from spirited traditional, in our 8:30am service, to casual contemporary in our 10:45am service. We also run a two day a week pre-school (CCM), during the school year.
We are seeking a Children’s pastor who will lead our kids into a real relationship with Jesus, through weekly services (Sunday Moring, and Wednesday evenings) and activities. This person will also help connect parents, to both the life of the church, and
to take an active role in the spiritual lives of their kids. This will also include overseeing our nursery ministry, and preschool ministry staff.
The Children’s Pastor will be answering a Ministry Call. They will view this position as a service to the Lord, one where they lead children and families into a knowledge of and love for Jesus. They will be a leader who helps to create an atmosphere of love,
and a place to learn. They will view children not only as having future potential, but current value in service in the body.
The primary weekly duties of the Children’s Pastor include directing and implementing:
- Sunday School classes for children, from nursery age through 5th grade
- Weekly Small Group activity and/or Bible Study for older elementary children
- Maintain current and develop additional mid-week programing for 1-3 graders as space is provided and leadership responds to this ministry opportunity.
- Expand Children’s Church – which may include providing a Children’s church experience at the 8:30 hour in addition to the established 10:45 hour
- Develop weekly Children’s Worship Bulletin
- Maintain regular office hours.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and Church Council meetings.
- Attend or provide leadership in at least one weekly Sunday worship service.
- Keep a supply closet available for Sunday school and Children’s Church teachers and other ministry volunteers.