Applicants interested in applying, should visit our web site compassionchristian.com/jobs to apply via electronic portal. Should you have additional questions, please contact our HR department.
Elementary Pastor- Henderson Campus
Children’s Ministries Team//Spiritual Growth Department
Reports To: Children’s Ministry Pastor/Team Leader
Category of Employment: Pastor, Full-Time
Payroll Status: Salaried, Exempt
Office Hours: Average of 50 hours per week, with the exception of heavy ministry seasons.
The mission of Compassion Christian Church is to lead people to a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ.
To further the mission of the Church by effectively overseeing all aspects of the Elementary-Age Children’s ministry.
- 1. Experience: Minimum of three (3) years experience as a leader in ministry or related environments specifically related to an area of oversight in Elementary-Age Children’s ministry.
- 2. Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. A degree from an accredited bible college with a major in biblical studies or a related field is preferred. Consideration will
be given to candidates having experience and demonstrated proficiency in field.
- Knowledge, skills, and gifts: Candidate must be tried and proven in ministry, have strong teaching gifts, and a passion to share Jesus. Candidate must demonstrate a Christ-like attitude in words and actions, and have the ability to work
with a wide variety of people. Exhibit excellent interpersonal relational skills while maintaining and protecting confidentiality. Candidate must possess effective written and verbal skills. Must be a motivated and successful recruiter and manager of volunteers.
Candidate must exhibit excellent computer knowledge, experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint.
- Physical Demands:
- Activities with children, including sports and games of a physical nature.
- Lifting, pulling, bending, carrying, and pushing as needed to set up activities and events.
- Operation of church vehicles.
- Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Engages in a regular and ongoing (meeting at least monthly) accountability relationship with a staff partner or other approved person.
- Recognizes that our work is important and deserves our very best.
Conditions of Employment
- Models the Biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
- Supports and adheres to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Philosophy of Ministry of CCC, including the CCC Statement of Faith.
- Supports and adheres to the CCC Policies and Procedures Handbook.
- Pastoral Staff must be active, participating members of Compassion Christian Church or be willing to become a member at the beginning of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essentials)
- General staff responsibilities:
- Engage in pastoral responsibilities to include teaching, preaching, performing weddings and funerals, pastoral counseling, assisting in worship services, communion, and baptisms.
- In tandem with Children’s Ministry Team Leader, lead, cast vision, oversee, and direct all facets of the Elementary Ministry.
- In tandem with the Children’s Ministry Team Leader, establish goals and objectives that support the mission and vision of the Elementary Ministry and provide visionary leadership and organizational structure.
- Recruit, train, schedule, equip, support and supervise volunteers for the ministry.
- Participate in the training, scheduling, equipping and evaluation of staff for the Elementary Ministry.
- In tandem with Children’s Ministry Team Leader, propose and administer annual budgets.
- Responsible for hospital visitations according to the CCC schedule.
- Participation in weekly “Pastors Lunch”, monthly “All-Staff Meetings”, as well as called departmental meetings, and other required staff events.
2. Specific ministry duties and responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and coordinate the spiritual growth opportunities and small group ministry of the Henderson Campus Elementary Ministry.
- Adjust and/or write Small Group material for all ages on weekends and Wednesday night
- Participate with the CCC Family/Children’s Ministries Collaborative in the selection and/or development of weekend and Wednesday night curriculum and other materials for all children’s small groups, K-5th grade, as well as in special events,
camps, Next Level Leadership Conference, etc.
- Use creative methods to encourage, equip, and empower parents to become intentional in the spiritual development of their elementary-age children.
- Assist with Get Up & Go family programming, special events, and collaborative efforts as needed.
3. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility that will be required of an employee in this position. Therefore, additional duties may be assigned.
Performance and Evaluation
Success in the position will be measured according to the performance assessment tool approved by the Executive Pastor. Performance will be evaluated in relevant areas, including but not limited to: completion of ministry goals and individual tactics, communication,
teamwork, leadership, creativity, responsibility, self motivation, attitude, and potential for growth.
Applicants interested in applying should visit our web site compassionchristian.com/jobs to apply via electronic portal. Should you have additional questions, please contact our HR department.