Kensington Church is a (13,000) person, gospel-centered movement at 7 locations. We operate as one-team, one-fight. We are looking for 2 Student Ministry Directors to be part of our permanent campus facilities at our new Clinton Township Campus opening May
2018 and our Troy Campus.
To apply for this position please send cover letter, resume and sample teaching links DIRECTLY to
This person is responsible to see high school & middle school students transformed and mobilized by Jesus at our Campus.
Demonstrate the qualities of a follower of Jesus Christ, with a passion to love God, live in community with those in the Body of
Christ and extend the love of God to those seeking Him. Show a strong commitment to living out Kensington’s values in his/her Christian life.
- Competence: Undergraduate degree in related field preferred. Training in Leadership and management helpful. Proven ability to lead and develop leaders, build teams, and cast vision for a high impact church.
- Chemistry: Has an affinity with Kensington Leadership and vision.
- Character: Teachability, humility, moral/ethical integrity, the desire to grow spiritually.
- Calling: Expresses and has confirmation of a desire and call to lead in full time ministry at KCC.
- Requirements: Affirmation of the mission, values and beliefs of Kensington.
Lead the group movement for Edge and Breakaway.
- Content development and distribution.
- Leader recruitment, training, development and empowerment.
- Organize and align groups based on needs of ministry.
- Grow group’s through promotion, leadership, development of current groups and leaders.
Oversee the Volunteer culture of Breakaway and Edge.
- Recruit, develop and mobilize the volunteer teams in Student Ministries.
- Train our leaders both in competency and character.
- Develop a system for leader reproduction that serves the growth of the ministry.
Care for our parents and families.
- Communicate regularly with parents about what is happening in Breakaway and Edge.
- Host trainings / events for parents and families that help them spiritually develop their students.
Manage and implement the events, retreats and camps of Edge and Breakaway
- Build systems, logistics, and volunteer teams that can run the events for our students.
- Promote and market these events in a student friendly way that utilizes central communications.
- Develop and manage the budget for these events with a 10% margin.
- Work with the Student Ministries Staff to assign owners to these events.
Serve Campus Student Ministries by:
- Communicating in Edge and Breakaway when needed.
- Assisting in programming the large group gathering for Edge and Breakaway.
- Helping connect new students into a group and into our ministry family.
- Attending weekly KCC central meetings for Edge & Breakaway.
- Developing meaningful relationships with students, leaders, parents and attenders at KCC.
Assist the Student Director, Campus Director and Lead Pastor with campus wide projects, events, services as needed.