You will be responsible for the creation of public content to be played on a variety of platforms, including but not limited to: church services, internet, digital signage, information kiosks, etc. In this dynamic position, you can expect to be working
on several projects at once, work under strict deadlines and be an active part of a creative team. You will need the ability to effectively develop and pitch ideas, offer creative solutions to problems and think of innovative ways to reach a desired audience.
You are responsible for video projects from concept to completion. This position will also work closely beside the Technical Director, as needed, in production of Sunday morning services.
This person also must be a team-building leader with a servant’s heart. Must work well with a variety of personalities and be self-motivated. The ideal candidate will think out-of-the-box and enjoy new creative ideas. We are looking for someone who can
bring vision and creativity. Must be a humble, joy-filled follower of Christ, submissive to His word.
- Ability to manage priorities, work independently and work well with a team. The ability to work on multiple concurrent projects is essential.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite, including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator and Audition. Skills on additional platforms are a plus.
- Technical knowledge of all aspects of video editing, including importing content, working with a variety of compression formats, basic audio mixing and DVD authoring.
- Must be able to work with footage from varying formats and qualities and make them seamlessly work together.
- Must be willing to work on a variety of projects for a variety of clients that vary in length, including quick turnaround projects (few hours) to projects that take several months to complete and to prioritize them well.
- Must have strong communication skills – verbal, written and presentation.
- Interest in learning new technology.
- Possess a “can-do” attitude, be self-motivated and driven to fix problems without being told.
- Flexible schedule with some weekend and evening hours to be expected.
- Must be able to develop, plan and storyboard video shoots including scheduling the talent.
- Must be able to shoot video and manipulate lighting to reap desired effect.
- Must be capable in securing locations and props when needed.
- This person must operate in an environment that does not require day-to-day micro-managing.
- This position will also oversee, disciple and direct 1-3 interns.
- High preference will be given to those that also excel in script writing.
- High preference will be given to those that also excel in photography
Please submit resume, cover letter and link to online video portfolio to email@example.com. Please include answers to the following questions:
Why do you create?
Describe your view on the usage of Creative Arts in the church.
In what unique way(s) doe the medium of video help communicate the Gospel message: