To stir up a desire for a genuine relationship with Christ in the hearts of the children, make disciples and equip them with the Word of God to impact their world.
Promote personal bible reading and prayer, scripture memorization, and provide opportunities for community and mission field outreaches.
To teach a Bible based curriculum and encourage a Christian life style among the children.
Encourage and equip parents to develop a biblical worldview in their children.
Duties and Responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Oversees all programming and ministry for children ages birth – 5th grade, including Sunday mornings, Friday nights, Summer programs, special events, etc…
- Works closely with the Senior Pastor to review, select and prepare curriculums for each age level to transform children into followers of Christ.
- Oversees the implementation of all curriculums for the Large Group/Small Group teaching environments.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of programming for the spiritual formation of children and equipping parents to fulfill their calling as the primary spiritual leaders of their children.
- Creates environments, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
- Recruits, trains, supports, schedules and leads teams of volunteers.
- Plans and oversees special events such as VBS, Right of Passage, Fall Festival, etc…
- Provides vision, strategies, & development of all Children’s Ministry environments (birth – 5th grade).
- Meets weekly with the Senior Pastor to discuss ministry strategies and effectivness.
- Develops and maintains a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
- Responsible for check-in procedures and tracking weekly attendance to ensure efficiency and security.
- Assists in the performance evaluations of the Children’s Ministry volunteers.
- Assists in developing the budget for the Children’s Ministry to ensure good stewardship and the proper allocation of financial resources.
- Maintains scheduled office hours as directed by the Executive Director of Administration and the Senior Pastor for accessibility to, parents, staff and the congregation.
Duties and Responsibilities not limited to (con’t):
- Oversees provision of childcare for Family Ministry seminars, Christmas, New Year’s Eve, Easter, Church Anniversaries and all other church events as directed.
- Encourages and supports all volunteers including planning and fellowship.
- Builds team spirit.
- Creates, develops, revises, evaluates and implement Children’s Ministry policies and procedures, teachers and parent handbooks and application.
- Enforces a safe environment for children by following emergency action procedures.
- Develops, maintains, and communicates the purpose and values as to why the ministry exists that parallels the purpose and core values of the church.
- Manages the distribution and allocation of curriculum and supplies.
- Attendance at weekly staff meetings required.
- Communicates Children’s Ministry activities to the church through periodic reports.
- Schedules and coordinates placement of volunteers and communicates with leaders as needed.
Bethel Competences and Expectations:
- Fully embraces the mission, vision and values of Bethel World Outreach Church – City of Hope.
- Be reliable, take initiative and be self-motivated.
- Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation and creativity.
- Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Should give extreme attention to details with an eye for excellence.
- Have a cooperative, healthy and motivating relationship with Senior Pastor, co-workers and volunteers.
- Solve and resolve problems in a resourceful, Christ-like manner.
- Communicate openly and honestly with Senior Pastor and staff about needs, problems, and ideas for improvement.
- Be punctual and attend all required events and activities.
- Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by attitude and behavior.
- Demonstrates ability to understand and relate to children and their families and a passion to see families grow in their faith together.
- Previous experience with administration of a large church Children’s Ministry in recruiting, motivating, equipping and scheduling volunteer’s leaders to minister to children and families.
- Experience in designing and developing Children’s Ministry programs.
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
- Competency with basic computer software (Excel, Word, Publisher), and the capacity to learn new software.
- Maintain personal spiritual development through bible reading, prayer and regular church attendance.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to make changes, corrections and solve problems quickly under pressure.
- Clearance of criminal background check.
- Regularly make contact with Children’s Ministry staff by phone or other forms of communication for prayer and fellowship.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Previous experience directing a large children’s ministry, including leadership of ministry staff (paid or volunteer staff members and/or a large volunteer team of 25+ volunteers).
- AA required; BA or BS desirable
- Commensurate with experience.