Prairie Heights is looking for a Children's Pastor dedicated to Leadership and Team Development.
The next Children’s Minister at Prairie Heights Community Church will be a leader and developer of leaders and volunteer teams. This individual will form a trusting, and authentic relationship with the Chief of Staff, so as to take the vision of the church
to the next level. They will complement the strengths of the Ministry Team, in terms of vision casting, relational collaboration, professionalism, and accountability, while offering their own strengths of momentum-building, managerial leadership, and strategic
Characteristics & Experience Sought:
- Experience leading a kid’s ministry that currently serves 400+ but is growing weekly
- Has or currently works in Leading a growing children’s ministry and organization
- Highly organized (Ability to organize multiple projects and lead multiple teams at one time)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Exemplary oral and written skills
- High Relational Skills
- History of equipping leaders
- Proven track record of Building Teams
- Can articulate their Calling to Children’s Ministry
- Desire to grow with Prairie Heights
- Overall vision for Kidventure (that supports the Prairie Heights vision) [understanding of programs, curriculum, processes, policies and procedures to be able to cast and propel the
vision for Kidventure]
- Sharing the vision of Kidventure with families at Prairie Heights and people in the community.
- Supervision and Leadership Development of Kidventure staff and Kidventure leaders
- Strategic Development and Planning: Leadership, growth and innovation of Kidventure (Birth - 5th grade)
maintaining a pulse on current effective educational trends and social trends impacting youth
- Recruiting leaders and volunteers. And leading a team effectively, to raise up new leaders at a rapid rate and to communicate clearly with the team.
- Leading the Sunday Kidventure experience across all services and planning and leading family events during the week.
Goals and Expectations
The effective Children’s Minister will achieve the following goals during the first 24 months of work:
- Children’s Staff Leader: Staff Hiring, Management, and Development
o Manage department leaders and help them achieve maximum performance.
o Oversee staff’s spiritual, leadership, and professional growth.
o Sustain current staff culture that is highly collaborative and connected.
o Add professionalism and accountability without losing collaboration and community.
o Inspire the team forward through change and growth.
- Architect of Systems: Create Clarity systematic strategies
o Form clear and effective streamlines for communication and processes.
o Build upon current systems and structures, procedures, and to produce scalable platforms for future and certain growth in Children’s Ministries.
- Organizational and Operational Leadership: Organize team members and resources to accomplish the current 2-year vision
o Filter and make key decisions through the Prairie Heights mission, vision, values, and culture.
o Oversee Children’s Ministry staff and volunteers (250+)
o Develop effective methods for leadership development and growth of teams
- Goal Strategist: Determining and Executing Strategic Steps
o Provide strategic leadership that breaks the current 2-year vision down into a series of sequential, achievable steps.