PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://bit.ly/2rOmi9R
About the Organization:
Wheaton Bible Church exists so that more and more would love God, grow together, and reach the world.
Wheaton Bible Church consists of a community of ordinary people from diverse backgrounds, who have found forgiveness and reconciliation with God through faith in His Son, Jesus Christ. Together, they are committed to love God more fully, grow together as
Christ’s followers, and to reach their world with the life-changing message of Christ’s love and power, serving others in His name. Therefore, the church’s passion for more than 85 years has been to bring the transforming love and power of Jesus to their everyday
relationships, communities, and the world.
Located 30 miles west of Chicago, Wheaton Bible Church is a non-denominational church averaging nearly 3,000 people each weekend on its two campuses. The Wheaton Bible Church (North Avenue) campus is located in West Chicago. This facility is also home for
Iglesia del Pueblo (IDP). A full partner in the total ministries of Wheaton Bible Church, IDP is a vibrant and growing Latino congregation with services in Spanish and English. A second campus, Tri-Village Church meets in Streamwood, at the AWANA corporate
campus at Bartlett and Bode Roads, about 13 miles from the North Ave. campus.
About the Position:
The Lead Pastor of Student Ministries at Wheaton Bible Church leads the overarching vision of more and more people Loving God, Growing Together and Reaching the World in a relevant way for students. The underlying purpose of this position is to
advance disciple making and evangelism at WBC through relationships with students, by leading and empowering the Student Ministry team, and through equipping and supporting parents in their disciple making role at home. By and large, this position will lead
the Senior High Ministry while maintaining oversight of the Junior High Ministry and its leadership.
The Lead Pastor of Student Ministries has three direct reports (currently student ministries worship director, interim Jr. High Director and High School Pastor). The Lead Pastor of Student Ministries will choose the staffing model that will best fulfill
the mission of helping more and more students to love God, grow together, and reach the world.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess a passion to reach the 15,000+ Junior and Senior High students living within a 12-mile radius of the main campus, and an unyielding commitment to disciple both unchurched students and the student body of WBC.
This individual will be a dynamic leader and a strategic thinker with a visioneering spirit, complemented with core giftings in teaching and communication. They will also be a strong collaborator who can further develop and shepherd staff volunteers and students
who together will grow the ministry.
What We Are Searching For:
- An inspirational leader with excellent relational intelligence.
- Possess a strong preaching and teaching background.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team leadership abilities with experience recruiting and developing volunteer staff.
- Collaborate in a fast-paced environment while bringing value to the entire organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal with individuals and groups within a wide range of situations.
- A strong grasp of student ministry models and philosophy, complemented with an understanding of how to implement effective youth ministry strategies.
- Coachable and willing to grow in personal abilities and faith.
- A skill to develop and mobilize paid staff.
- Strong systems thinker with the capability to lead large projects.
- Understanding of success measurement through goal planning and assessment.
A bachelor's degree in youth ministry or a related field is required, and a master’s degree from a seminary background would be preferred.
- Would expect the candidate to have at least three years of experience in leading a student ministry in a large church (1000+) and managing a large and growing student ministry.
- A history of demonstrating spiritual gifts of leadership, teaching and shepherding.
- Proven capacity to relate and lead the three key constituencies of students, parents and volunteer staff.
- Proven record of volunteer recruiting and equipping.
- A track record of effectively equipping God’s people for service in the church.
About the Location:
Wheaton, Illinois, is a distinctive community of almost 53,000 residents situated about 25 miles west of Chicago. Residents and visitors are drawn to the blend of big-city comforts and small-town charm that makes Wheaton an excellent place to
live, work, shop and play. From its top-ranked schools and picturesque downtown to its historic neighborhoods and dynamic community, Wheaton is a comfortable place to call home. Among the reasons why people are drawn to Wheaton are the schools, which have
received statewide and nationwide acclaim. The City of Wheaton is also widely known for its access to health benefits. The community is served through facilities and medical staff who are consistently recognized for offering quality health care. The City of
Wheaton has received much recognition for its distinctive, award-winning community. These include:
- Best Places to Live (2014, Chicago Magazine) – For a top suburb, low crime, and great homes.
- 100 Best Places to Live (2008 & 2012, Money Magazine) – For quality of life (median income, housing, education, health, leisure, and culture)
- Healthiest Suburb (2005, Chicago Magazine) – For public health, safety, environment, and downtown.
- Nationally Ranked Library (Top 10 in the Nation) – For customer service, facilities, and vast collection.
Wheaton and West Chicago are part of the Chicago metoplex, the third-most populous city in the United States (after New York City and Los Angeles) containing 2.7 million residents. In addition to its renowned upscale establishments and restaurant
districts, the city's unique location on Lake Michigan, its rich architectural heritage, its lively theater, arts, and comedy community, and its vibrant nightlife attracts residents and tourists alike. Chicago has numerous nicknames, including Chi-town, Windy
City and Second City. The city is a center for business and finance and is considered one of the world's top global financial centers. As a multicultural city that thrives on the harmony and diversity of its neighborhoods, Chicago today embodies the values
of America's heartland-integrity, hard work and community – which is reflected in the social fabric of its 77 distinct neighborhoods. The city is home to numerous major-league sports teams, world-class museums, and the Magnificent Mile shopping district—all
along the beautiful Lake Michigan shoreline, creating an atmosphere not soon to be forgotten.
PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://bit.ly/2rOmi9R