PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://bit.ly/2rIBXMG
About the Organization:
The story of Fair Oaks Presbyterian Church is more than the recounting of land purchases, buildings, and pastors. It’s a story about faith – the faith of many people across the years who answered God’s call to be salt and light in this community. The church
has sustained a strong heritage of biblical preaching and vibrant worship, strong bible study, small groups, and missions, both globally and locally.
Fair Oaks Presbyterian now finds itself in exciting times of transition as it creatively works to discover new ways to reach the world, a world far different than its founders would have recognized. By faith and with God’s leading, the church at Fair Oaks
will give thanks for the past and look forward to a bright future of continued ministry and witness. Even now, the church’s leadership has undertaken a revitalization of its ministries to more closely align them with the Great Commission in a way that is sensitive
to and yet challenges our current cultural realities.
Today, the church is a thriving organism poised for success. With a sustained legacy of influence in both local and global capacities, the church looks forward with anticipation for a new Senior Pastor who will bring fresh vision, strategy, and catalytic
growth to the mission of Fair Oaks Presbyterian Church.
About the Position:
The Senior Pastor and Head of Staff shall preach and expound the Word, be God’s prophet to the people and be the people’s priest before God. He shall lead the people in worship, shall celebrate the Sacraments, and shall oversee the discipling and nurturing
of the congregation.
This position will essentially maintain a courteous, Christ-like attitude with people within and outside of Fair Oaks Presbyterian Church. The interaction, cooperation, support and love conveyed to the members of the church staff and body will be vitally
important to the overall health of the church. This role will be an active part of the FOPC worshipping community and church family working alongside volunteers in many areas of the church life.
What We Are Searching For:
Vibrant leader and visionary
- A ‘developer’ of teams and systems
- Rooted in personal and spiritual convictions
- A motivator and encourager
- Discerning and pastoral
- Forward thinking
- Humility and a heart to serve.
- Passionate about Prayer
Passionate preacher of the Word
- Authentic, charismatic, magnetic and relevant speaking skills.
- Upholds the Bible as the inspired, inerrant Word of God
- Declares the Bible as Truth
- Ascribes to the conservative evangelical/reformed tradition
- Maintains a mindset of worship, discipleship, love, and service
Exude authenticity and relatability
- Filled with joy and energy
- Approachable and people-centric
- Responds to all people with grace and comfortable with cultural diversity found in the community.
- Humility and a heart to serve
- Disciplined and productive work ethic
- Easily accessible to teams
- Transparent and consistent disposition
- Values long term sustainability of systems
- A strong commitment to actively serving Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Constantly maintain a growing and deepening relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Adhere to biblical standards of moral conduct.
- Practice regular spiritual disciplines of prayer, Bible study, and worship
- A commitment to the theology of the Presbyterian and Reformed faith, as expressed in the Westminster Confession of Faith.
The successful candidate will possess at least a Master of Divinity degree or similar level education from an accredited seminary.
At least 5 years in executive/pastoral leadership in a large church setting. Comprehensive skills of the ideal prospect will include the following:
- An exceptional and proven leadership capability that mobilizes people and compels movement towards progress.
- Highly gifted in change management with a strong sense of discernment.
- Ability to create a healthy and dynamic culture among the staff through communication, collaboration, cohesion and mentoring.
- Capability to nurture relationships with the senior leadership, staff, congregation, and community.
- Charismatic and relevant speaking skills that connects with people, and calls them into action.
About the Location:
The community of Fair Oaks is part of the Sacramento Metropolitan Statistical Area, and is located 17 miles northeast of Sacramento, on the north bank of the beautiful American River that runs two miles north of U.S. Highway 50. Established in 1954, the
longstanding mission of the city is to organize the collective efforts of local businesses to address common concerns, enhance commerce, and provide a supporting environment in which business, government, civic, cultural, and educational interests work together
to attract new business to the community.
A suburban bedroom community, Fair Oaks and the surrounding communities of Citrus Heights, Carmichael and Orangevale are affordable, and socio-economically diverse. It is a mature community that has existed for a long time. It is unique in the sense that
a range of both suburban and semi-rural homes lines the city’s neighborhoods. The median home cost is currently in the mid $300,000 range, accommodating the population of 30,920 as recorded in 2014. A range of both suburban and semi-rural homes lines the city’s
neighborhoods alongside low-income housing and apartments as well. For many years, the Fair Oaks Presbyterian Church has had an ongoing, positive relationship with the City's park district to utilize common parking factilities for the use of each partner.
Located in close proximity to the Sacramento region, Fair Oaks boasts pleasant seasonal weather near the confluence of the Sacramento and American rivers. It is merely miles away from the typical California sprawl consisting of busy freeways, enticing shopping
centers, and various sports/recreation opportunities. Sperling’s best places to live to rated Fair Oaks #7 among ‘Best Rated Cities’ (2011), #7 in ‘Healthiest Cities’ (2014), and #19 in ‘Fiscally Fit Cities’.
PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://bit.ly/2rIBXMG