To further the mission of Grace Covenant Church by effectively assisting with the development of the worship ministry of the Church. He or she will provide specific focus on the worship life of Grace Covenant East Lincoln Campus through leading relevant
worship music, assisting in the planning and development of service and participating in the team building and leading processes. The Campus Worship Pastor will report to the Grace Covenant East Lincoln Campus Pastor.
A successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Spirit-filled, Spirit-led
- Skilled in vocal, and instrumental direction
- Leadership skills
- Passion for reaching the lost and mentoring those that he/she leads
- Passion for worship
- Team player with positive, servant-motivated attitude
- Strong work ethic
- A vision for equipping youth worship leaders
- Humility in serving others
- Desire to see others exercise their ministry gifts
- Commitment to grow and learn
Essential Job Function - Specific functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead worship for various services and campuses at Grace Covenant Church
- Lead the congregation toward authentic worship, through modeling and teaching such worship
- Prepares for and holds rehearsals for worship team during the week and Sunday morning including the music charts and sound set up.
- Work with Creative Arts director and other Grace Covenant campus worship pastors for vision and planning
- Pastor, disciple, equip, empower and direct the musicians and vocalists of Grace Covenant Church – East Lincoln Campus
- Recruit, train and release volunteers into positions of worship leadership
- Serve as a team player on the extension campus team
- Meet weekly with campus pastor for planning, review goals and progress, communicate emerging ministry needs
- Partner with central Creative Arts Director to ensure consistency of worship service structure and content across all campuses.
- Develop and oversee the mentorship program for youth musicians and worship leaders at Grace Covenant Church
- Collaborate with Youth Pastors to execute music and worship leadership program for youth participants
- Fulfill general pastoral responsibilities, such as Holiday services, hospital visitations, pastor on-call rotation, nurturing people in crisis, annual Prayer Summit, and other special events.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Campus and Lead Pastor
- Attend Grace Covenant campus-wide events, meetings, and training.
- Faith Foundations: Requirements include saving faith in Jesus Christ and commitment to the Grace Covenant Church mission, core values and essentials of faith.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or relevant practical experience required.
- Experience: Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience leading worship ministry at a local church.
- Musical expertise in arranging and composition for live performance
- Understanding of live sound reinforcement, audio production, basic choreography
- Knowledge of instruments used in our services
- Excellent relational, recruiting and training skills required.
- Ability to administrate and prioritize varied workloads, executing appropriate judgment and confidentiality
- Communication skills, both written and oral, at all levels
- Microsoft Office and Internet applications
- Experience in working with a church database is a plus.