Springfield Mennonite Church is looking for a Part-Time Next-Gen Pastor. This job will be between 20-25 hours per week. The Next Gen Pastor will champion the next generation of leaders at Springfield Mennonite. They will cast vision for and develop strategies
to build Christ-centered nursery-college age ministries. Insist on healthy transitions from one developmental stage to another. They will be an energetic, self-starter, who has a vision and knows how to share that vision with the leaders and get them excited
and eager to carry it out! This person should have a real love for children, youth, and college ages and a burning desire to do whatever it takes to ensure that they know the love of Christ. The Next Gen Pastor will be committed to and support the doctrines,
philosophy, and mission of the Senior Pastor and the Deacons at Springfield Mennonite. Use God given abilities in God’s service and to contribute to the strength and health of His body of believers. Be community minded. Find creative ways to break into the
community and recruit from the community building up the body of believers.
· Personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
· Love for Jesus and a desire to see lives and the community changed by the gospel.
· A strong understanding of Scripture
· Bachelor’s Degree Required, ideally in Children’s, Youth, or College Ministry
· Alignment and agreement with core doctrines and values of Springfield Mennonite Church
· Passion for ministries to children and students and seeing both parents and children/students grow in the faith.
· Humble, coachable/willing to learn
· Must be relational, easily approachable, and personable; able to relate to all ages of children as well as their parents
· Must be capable of participating in physical activities with children (running, jumping, floor play etc.)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Work in conjunction with church leadership to coordinate all church programs and functions in concert with the church’s overall mission, vision, and purpose statement.
· Be an advocate for children & students and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns and needs of children & students in the local church and community.
· Plan, coordinate, and implement all student activities with and through ministry volunteers (discipleship groups, camps, small groups, retreats, parties, mission trips, Youth Conference, worship, outreach, etc.).
· Mentor children & students in developing their leadership skills.
· Work with other ministry leaders/volunteers to develop strategies that will impact our community for Christ. Mentor and develop leaders/volunteers in the various children and student ministries.
· Represent the interests and safety of the children & students in the church’s care at all decision-making meetings and sessions.
· Maintain the church’s child protection policy.
· Look for fresh ideas and ways to keep children & students engaged.
· Approve all children & student ministries programs, curricula, and activities.
· Assist in development, submission, and monitoring the budgets for all of the next generation ministries.
· Serve as pastor to the children & students and their parents in your care – praying, visiting, counseling, discipling.
· Develop a College Ministry.
· Lead parents to become confident and equipped in their role as primary disciple makers of their children.
· Regularly attend school events and activities and be the face of Springfield Mennonite’s Family Ministry in the community.
· Teach regularly in various Family Ministry environments, including serving as a primary communicator for middle and high school ministry on Sunday nights.
· Assist with the pastoral work of the church as assigned by the senior pastor.
· Attend Staff Meetings and Monthly Church Council Meetings.
1. Please send your resume and letter of interest to SMCJobApp@gmail.com
2. Go to http://www.springfieldmennonite.org/contact-us/job-application and fill out the brief application on the website.