The Technical Director works on a team of technical artists and engineers to execute Weekend services. This role works closely with creative directors, producers, and production staff to help lead and manage all things production for weekend services and
large events. This includes leading weekly processes, day-to-day operations, managing projects, and could have future managerial responsibilities. A large part of the role is leading the Weekend Stage Team volunteers, who provide support to artists & speakers,
execute all theatrical stage moves, and assist the service with other production needs.
Candidates must demonstrate a Christ-centered life and the fruits of the spirit in a role that is high pressure and fast-moving. The ideal candidate has great composure, can equally lead and follow, is extremely organized, can work and make decisions under
pressure, and can create and manage solid processes.
- Help lead weekly processes & meetings. This includes detailed planning, resource management, process management, and hands-on contribution to completing tasks and projects.
- Recruit, train, and lead the volunteer Weekend Stage Team.
- Coordinate all stage needs for services
- Assist other team members with audio, lighting, video, and scenic setup.
- 5+ years living fully devoted to Christ.
- Comfortable and cool under intense pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. This role regularly interacts with church leadership and well-known guest speakers and artists. High emotional and relational intelligence is required with a focus on customer service.
- Ability to sense when God is moving, read a situation, use good judgment, and quickly make a decision.
- Able to build, train, and maintain a team of dedicated and skilled volunteers
- The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, highly organized, a self-starter, and helpful. Also willing to equally engage with both simple repetitive tasks and technically complex needs.
- Spiritual gifts of administration, leadership, helps, and shepherding
- Background in theater and theatrical rigging a plus
- Must be able to lift at least 35 lbs. and be on your feet for long stretches of time
If you would like to be considered for this position, you MUST use our application link