ROLE: Provide a strategic voice of clarity, beauty and inspiration as we seek to accomplish Westwood’s vision, in partnership with other ministry areas.
- Serve as a Director at-large of Westwood Community Church participating in, but not limited to, staff meetings, retreats, all church functions, teaching, and officiating church ordinance and duties of a Licensed Minister of the Gospel as approved in advance
by the Sr. Pastor.
- Live a life that honors God in heart, actions and relationships, with the goal of becoming more like Him, through servant leadership.
- Lead the Communication Arts Ministry Area, developing its creative and strategic potential to leverage our brand, and support our vision of multiplication.
- Supervise, coach and develop the Communication Arts staff and volunteers to achieve the goals and objectives of the ministry area.
- Engage lay leadership with the “Christ-centered / staff-resourced / lay-led” model of ministry.
- Assist in the development of the annual ministry plan through creation of objectives and budgets, then oversee the responsible stewarding of those resources.
- Support the long-term intention to add multisite campuses.
- Serve on leadership teams, work groups, and carry out other responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor or Sr. Pastor.
- Reports to Executive Pastor
- Supervises ministry area staff
- Oversees ministry area volunteers
- Works in cooperation with other pastor/director staff
- Interacts with other staff and congregation
- Bachelors degree (preferred)
- Minimum three years direct ministry leadership experience in a multiple staff setting (preferred)
- Ability to teach and preach the Word of God effectively
- Ability to attract, equip, and mobilize volunteers for lay leadership and ministry team participation
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to develop, supervise and coach employees in the ministry area
- Ability to lead in program design and implementation relevant to ministry area
- Ability to integrate with the rest of the church ministry
- Ability to lead through a transformational model
- Understand how to apply area of expertise within the local church
- Ability to relate to other Westwood staff and church attenders at large
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Endorse and support Westwood’s Statement of Faith and traditional orthodox evangelical theology
- Remain a member in good standing of Westwood Community Church