To give vision, planning, and leadership that would develop an effective Worship Tech ministry that is focused on supporting the leadership of the church in worship and the teaching of the Word of God.
- Sound responsibilities include each Sunday morning, weekday ministries as per weekly ministry schedule, all-church seasonal and special programs that require inside or outside sound.
- Oversee sound mix when primary operator and while guiding other sound techs in their musical ear and technical knowledge. Oversee service production.
- Train and develop qualified sound personnel at HPBC.
- Worship Center set up and strike – Oversee and execute set up, transition of services, and strike of worship center.
- Sound – upkeep, maintenance, design, and additions (when necessary) to all sound related equipment in the church facility. This includes sound needs in the Fellowship Hall, Atrium Hall, Chapel, with primary focus being the Worship Center.
- Sound Preparation – Prepare, set-up, and take down for all sound needs in church – primary facilities noted above.
- Creativity & Improvement of Sound – Continue to cast vision for all sound related needs. Always be thinking of ways to improve the sound at HPBC. Help develop and creatively plan sound projects for worship center, adult, youth, and children’s ministry space.
Purchase new equipment to meet the needs of the church’s sound enhancement, as approved by the Director of Worship & Music.
- Lighting – upkeep, maintenance, design, and additions (when necessary) to all lighting related equipment in church. Primary focus will be worship center with secondary focus of chapel and other student ministries areas - fellowship hall, atrium hall, and
- Lead and help develop a direction for the worship center as to how to improve overall lighting. Hopefully, eventually leading to a lighting overhaul.
- Continue to develop competency in lighting design, upkeep, maintenance, via school, classes, conferences (paid for by the church) as approved by Director of Music and Worship.
- Help develop a plan and give reasonable, cost effective solutions that will keep improving the lighting in all ministry venues at HPBC.
- Be in agreement with the doctrinal stance of Highland Park Baptist Church. What we believe biblically can be found here:
- Sunday morning technical director for worship services.
- In charge of all staging of worship center. Setting up and taking down when necessary.
- Develop volunteers in competency, quality, sound, etc. Specifically in the field of lighting and audio.
- Work alongside the Music & Creative Staff team and report to Director of Worship and Music.
- Maintain a vital and growing walk with the Lord through committed personal Bible study and prayer.
- Maintain proper spiritual priorities.
- Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
- Faithfull support the ministries of the church through the stewardship of spiritual gifts, finances and free time.
- Participate in the overall life of the church, setting an example of servant leadership that spreads beyond your areas of ministry responsibility to the broader body of the church.