POSITION DESCRIPTION Calvary Chapel South is seeking a highly skilled Creative Director with a passion for creativity, leadership, communication and production. The qualified applicant would provide strategic vision and leadership for the
Communication Team and the Media Department, overseeing the weekend experience, providing leadership and guidance for the church, as well as vision and strategy for growth.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The Creative Director is responsible for:
- Leadership development and setting the direction of our communication department and media department, acting as the principal creative lead for the weekend experience
- Collaborating in all phases of weekend service and special event production, including message development, media, graphic, and technical aspects from concept development through production
- Leading the Media/Tech Team and Communication Team (staff and volunteers) by casting vision, setting schedules, sharing goals, holding trainings, and giving regular feedback and evaluations.
- Overseeing all communications, including print graphics, website management, and social media, maintaining consistency of branding across all formats
- Creating a culture based upon the church’s core values within the Creative Teams
- Staying current on emerging trends in ministry, marketing, technology and design
- Keeping the Creative Team continually engaged in producing excellent results while staying on schedule and within budget
- Administration of the Creative Department
- (Potentially) Participating in communicating messages as a member of the weekend service teaching team, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Exemplifying a godly lifestyle and spiritual leadership to the Calvary Chapel South church family
- Fantastic written and verbal communication skills
- 3+ years’ experience in ministry management with design, video, marketing and creative management experience
- Proven track record of successfully leading creative ministries in a church
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to excel at details, multi-task, and thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent people management and team coaching skills
- A passion for team, staff culture, excellence, and faithfulness
- A willingness and openness to be pastored and coached
- Able to navigate all aspects of production, message development, design, social media, and marketing
- Self-motivation, a professional demeanor, adaptability to change, and a “whatever-it-takes” attitude
- Able to attend required meetings and events: weekly and montly staff meetings, special conferences, irregular events, etc.
- An active member of CCS, upholding the Bylaws, core values, statement of belief, and employment policies of the church.
Compensation packages are negotiable based on qualifications and experience. Please apply at here, attach your resume to the online application, and any links to our creative work. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.