Mount Morris Gospel Tabernacle
103 School Road Mount Morris, PA 15349
As an assistant to the Pastor you will be expected to assist the Senior Pastor in performing the duties of pastoring and leading the church in it’s mission. This will include some visitation, office and business supervision, occasional preaching and teaching,
and availability to the Pastor for advice, consultation, and assistance. The pastoral staff of MMGT meet regularly for staff meetings, district and sectional council events, and regular fellowship. The staff also works together as a team and all staff members
are expected to help maintain unity.
- Provide a quality children’s ministry service which is held during our Sunday morning worship time. This service should include fun and creative games or mixers, high energy Spirit filled worship utilizing modern technology, an age appropriate Biblical
message, with an opportunity to respond through an altar call. We believe that our children can and should experience the life changing power of the Spirit of God each and every week. This includes choosing and preparing curriculum for all children’s church
- Provide oversight for all programming and ministry for children ages birth to sixth grade including Sunday mornings, Wednesday nights, summer activities, and special events. This includes working with our Sunday School superintendent, Girl’s Mpact leader,
and Royal Ranger commander.
- Oversee the process of background checks and clearance forms for all volunteers working with children and youth ministries. Keep accurate records of all such volunteers. Provide monthly scheduling for volunteers working in children’s ministry.
- Plan and oversee VBS which is normally held in July of each year. This includes selecting the material, recruiting volunteers, advertising, and overseeing the event.
- Provide and opportunity for our children to attend summer kid’s camp, winter retreat, Kid’s fun arts, and other district or sectional events.
- Provide and opportunity for our children to participate in BGMC. This includes setting a yearly goal, focusing one Sunday a month teaching and promoting BGMC, and encourage our children to give. MMGT is a missions minded church and we feel that our children
need to develop a passion for missions.
- Provide pastoral care for children and families within the church including hospital visits and follow up. This includes attending special school events, sporting events, recitals, and other activities that will facilitate developing relationships with
our children and their families.
- Born again, Spirit filled Christian who feels a call by God into ministry.
- Love for children and families with a desire to minister to both.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to build and lead volunteer teams.
Training and Experience
- The individual must be a credentialed minister (or seeking credentials) with the General Council of the Assemblies of God.
- The individual should have at least 2-5 years of children’s ministry experience.
Code of Conduct and Character
Mount Morris Gospel Tabernacle is a Pastor-led, volunteer driven church with board oversight. MMGT staff members are considered leaders and therefore agree to the following:
- Develop and maintain a close personal walk with the Lord including: Daily devotional time with Lord. Daily dependence on the empowerment of the Spirit.
- Develop a strong marriage and family life. Communicating and sharing with your spouse. Spending time together on days off and when extra time is available.
- Keep personal finances in order with no delinquencies.
- Attend all regularly scheduled services in the church. Special services and functions will be required as deemed necessary by the Senior Pastor.
- Maintain a high level of personal integrity, honesty and confidentiality in dealing both with the staff and congregation.
- Maintain a Christian outlook and attitude at all times.
- Maintain loyalty to the staff and church, actively promoting unity within the church.
The Mission Statement of Mount Morris Gospel Tabernacle
“Mt. Morris Gospel Tabernacle exists for every generation to
GATHER together in order to GROW in our relationship with God and one another, and to
GIVE our time, talents and resources so that we can
GO and make disciples of all nations”